Did you know that we give away thousands of dollars in door prizes at the fest ?

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Its true. When you arrive at the fest please check in and get your name tag. When you do so you will be given a ticket with a number. This is your door prize ticket. Each hour on the hour numbers will be drawn and posted outside the check in area. If your number is on the board Jump for joy and see the nice ladies in the office. They will present you with your prize. Easy as that !

Here is the kicker. You must claim those prizes on the day they were drawn. So if your number was drawn on Saturday at noon you will have until the show closes that day which happens to be 7:00 PM. Anything not claimed on Saturday will be re-drawn, until it goes. Saturday's prizes go out on Saturday, for sure, and Sunday's prizes will go on Sunday.

Now don't fret. No prizes go home with us. Every single prize will be given away on Saturday and Sunday. We'll continue drawing numbers, each day, until everything is gone.

Here is a tip. Some leave before the show is over for the day. Don't! Your chances of winning are greatest at this time.

We would be remiss if we did not thank all the kind companies who have donated all these awesome prizes for our fest attendee. Please see the fest web site for more information on these fine companies. http://audiokarma.org/ak2007/sponsors.html

See you all in a couple of day.

Grumpy

I am looking at the list of prizes, which include LPs, CDs, accessories, cables of various types, and I KNOW the list is incomplete, as we don't yet have all the goodies that the exhibitors bring in to us. There will be several prizes EVERY hour of the Fest.

There is a BIG pile of loot.

Did we mention the prizes? Amps, CD player, speakers, cable.

There are some VERY nice pieces on the table, in the registration room, so check them out, when you register.

I'd like a cdPlayer in abstentia please

Alan(voted Prince Edward Island's Ak Member of the year)

Indeed my luck finally changed in a big way, which was a welcome relief from events earlier in the week when my luck was on the down swing with a flooded basement two days before the fest. I almost didn't make it to the fest because of it :sigh:

I've done the raffle every year and hit last year for the first time with a ticket that I put Grumpy's name on (which really was great karma because he couldn't or wouldn't put a ticket in the drawing because he was drawing the tickets for the raffles) this year I struck gold with the ZU cables, Marantz CDP and the Dynakit tube monoblock. I can't thank the sponsors enough for their generosity and making this fest very memorable for me.

I put the new cables and CDP in my setup today and wow they sound fantastic and were just what I needed. :bigok:

I sent the monoblock kit amp with Echowars, because it was the only thing he bought tickets for and wanted. So I shared my good fortune and karma with my best friend who's always been there to help and guide my audio cluelessness. You just gotta spread the karma around a bit me thinks :thmbsp:

Next year I will be the raffle master and out of the raffle, drawing the winning tickets for whom ever is lucky in 2008 :D

Dynakit Mark IV Raffle

Army,
Congrats! on your raffle win of the Dynakit Mark IV tube amplifier.

I wish I was able to join everyone at this years Fest, but next year I will be there.

Best regards Kevin @ Dynakit

Kevin,

Thank you again for your generous donation of the amp. I think the new owner may purchase the matching amp to achieve stereo :)

Grumpy

Here were the big prizes:

Jolida JD1301 30 wpc hybrid integrated went to Neal P., local 'walk-in' from nearby Allen Park.

Zu speaker cables went to Army

Marantz SA-8001 SACD player went to Army

Marantz PM-7001 went to Glynn P., from Windsor

Dynakit Mk. IV went to Army

McIntosh's book, "for the love of music..." went to Negotiableterms

System Audio SA-505 2-way speakers went to Ms Grumpy

REDGUM RGi-60 60 wpc dual-monobloc integrated went to Chad H, another local 'walk-in' who was there, when his number was drawn.

REDGUM RGCD-5 went to RichPA.

A BIG thank you to all the donors, who made this possible.

Congrats to all the winners of the major prizes. Enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom