Did You "Self-Gift"?

My Bogen DS-225 and the parts to rebuild it shall be my to-me gift. That, and those two nice pairs of really warm fuzzy socks. Sounds silly, but I think I have gotten more enjoyment out of those socks recently than anything else in the last 6 months. Its so nice to wake up with warm feet.

I like the idea of the Bogen for sure. Those socks, though, mebbe not. Depends on the colors and patterns. They aren't gonna look like little pink bunnies are they? ;) J/K...have a great Holiday!

I've bought myself the new Jake Bugg LP Shangri-la. It's the first new LP (not re-release or used) that I've bought since about 1989. This kid will rock the drivers on the Chrismas holliday :guitar:

So you are holding yourself back from unwrapping and listening are you? My My !!!

A new computer, not that I really wanted to. However, WinXP is going belly-up in April.

yeah...I have an old PC that has XP on it and it's not upgradeable to a current OS so I may have to bite that bullet as well.

But I'm not counting that as a self-gift and you shouldn't either. Now get out there and start shopping!!! :D

Even though I've been bad this year :D I feel I deserved a gift anyway so I picked up a really nice Pioneer PDR-99 CD player for the living room Elite system.

pdr99_zpsbe87b161.jpg

Even though I've been bad this year :D I feel I deserved a gift anyway so I picked up a really nice Pioneer PDR-99 CD player for the living room Elite system.

I was a bad boy this year too so I HAD to self-gift!!! :yes:

I like your choice of gifts!

Luxman c-120a Preamp. Off of fleabay....I paid too much but oh is it pretty!

Pic borrowed from the web>
I hope UPSclause gets mine here before Christmas:)

Thing of beauty. Bet it sounds as good as it looks :yes:

I treated myself to having RoyC redo my AR 3's. Now I can enjoy these beauties instead of tripping over them in the basement :yes:

Oh and a Paperwhite Kindle :D

A new computer, not that I really wanted to. However, WinXP is going belly-up in April.

I know, and I think that sucks. I have a few systems that won't run Windows 8, due to lack of horsepower, and I am not a fan of 7. I've got a WindowsPhone 8, and love it.

XP was so good for so long. This very computer I'm using now will have to be retired. :(

My Christmas present to me was my Jeff Rowland model 5 power amp and JR Consummate preamp. I almost bought a black 1963 Olds Holiday Dynamic 66 but I am trying to control myself (too many projects). But she sure looks pretty!

Attachments

• dynamic 88.JPG
    dynamic 88.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 19
Not me... I buy stuff for myself all year long (whether I need it or not). It's nice to try to figure out what I can do/get for others.

I got a refurb Marantz SR-5007 AV receiver from Accessories4Less during their Black Friday sale for $450. It's last years model with a $849 List. It's best features are preamp outs which allows me to use my HK AVR 230 (found at GW for $40) to power the rear channels and Audyssey MultEQ XT to handle room correction. Oh and it has great sound, too.:tresbon:

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

Not me... I buy stuff for myself all year long (whether I need it or not). It's nice to try to figure out what I can do/get for others.

So it is truly the season of giving for you eh?

I got a refurb Marantz SR-5007 AV receiver from Accessories4Less during their Black Friday sale for $450. It's last years model with a $849 List. It's best features are preamp outs which allows me to use my HK AVR 230 (found at GW for $40) to power the rear channels and Audyssey MultEQ XT to handle room correction. Oh and it has great sound, too.:tresbon:

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

I won't tell but don't think she doesn't know... :no:

The PaperWhite Kindle ROCKS! Enjoy!

Thanks. Been using my wife's keyboard 3g which is great but I have hard time differentiating rn and m. Also look forward to built in light especially when airline light is out :yes:

Do I "Self Gift" ?

I certainly do, I bought myself enough main smoothing capacitors to replace/upgrade the ones in my Sansui AU-919 - I reckon I deserve it, and it completes the full reconditioning of the amplifier. :thmbsp:

Every year is a self-gifting festival for me.

I buy tons of DVD movies and TV series. I keep a very long wish-list on Amazon and every Christmas they have amazing sales on many of them so I have to tell my wife to order them (or I just order them). So far I think I ordered about 30 titles.

Back
Top Bottom