1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't know where to put this. No Mic section.

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by Capgun, Oct 13, 2018 at 5:24 PM.

1. Capgun

Capgun Active Member

Does anyone out here have one of these, that can give me any info on it? I've searched and found very little. I got it in a "Lot" sale. Can't test it yet.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      80.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      71.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      78.2 KB
      Views:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dshoaf

dshoaf That high voltage buzz Subscriber

Looks like a standard dish mic. The parabolic dish allows the mic to pic up sounds in a narrow span which eliminates adjacent noise.

This allows the listner to hear further than without the dish.

Cheers

David

3. DaveVoorhis

DaveVoorhis Super Member

Yup, parabolic -- or dish -- microphone. Handy for recording what the players are saying at a sports event, or for recording bird sounds, etc.

4. Marine0811

Marine0811 I love it loud! Subscriber

Pretty sure that’s a ray gun!

holyman772 likes this.
  5. Guest125

Guest125 Active Member

Goldak mic setup. They do utilities location equipment. Been around since the 30's. They have a couple of mic setups, which appears you have one of their older ones. It's more than likely been down a sewer or two.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 5:04 PM
  6. Capgun

Capgun Active Member

Delta, I'll bet you're right about the sewer reference. The little that I've been able to gather on it, is these were also used to find A/C leaks and such. Also, have a look at the picture I've included. It must be very old, because, (702) area code is no longer used throughout Nevada, and hasn't for many many years now. As Las Vegas started really getting a big population, the area code (702) became exclusive to Las Vegas. Reno, Carson City, and all other outlying areas changed to (775).

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      86.2 KB
      Views:

Please register to disable this ad.