difference between Heresey l and ll?

ccawker

I just need to know as i just bought a working pair for cheap and might need to upgrade crossover or diaphrams in the future...they "sing" right now,lucky me.

There are several ways to try and figure out what you have. Are the drivers mounted from behind or in front? What kind of speaker posts? I had Heresy Is that used 2 screws, my Heresy IIs have a plastic terminal plate that accepts banana plugs or bare wire and has Heresy II written on the terminal/crossover. Also, pictures or serial numbers would likely identify them. Congrats on your acquisition.

LOL everything? All drivers and crossovers are different from H to H2. What did you get? Heresy or Heresy 2? The upgrades are generally within the model not from 1 to 2.

LOL everything? All drivers and crossovers are different from H to H2. What did you get? Heresy or Heresy 2? The upgrades are generally within the model not from 1 to 2.
yeah,i am familiar with upgrades as i have done them on KG4s,and i know they are different from ls lls and llls

Hersey were continually upgraded over the life span. So there is no simple answer. The last I is very close to the first II. Where the early I is very different from the II's.

Hersey were continually upgraded over the life span. So there is no simple answer. The last I is very close to the first II. Where the early I is very different from the II's.
fair enough,i now know i have the l but how do i know early or late...i see there is a # stamped on the back of these and might mean the newness.

I just need to know as i just bought a working pair for cheap and might need to upgrade crossover or diaphrams in the future...they "sing" right now,lucky me.
Personally I prefer the series 1 over the later models, I have two pair, raw birch, and oiled walnut, the birch have been modified for biamping. The crossovers seem to be indestructible, both of mine have the original components and sound very schveet.

ok,so i picked up a pair of heresey 2s also and they dont seem to be as bright as the 1s.........hmmmmmmmm,any thoughts

Hard to say. The tweeters are different as is the crossover network. Check and make sure the tweeters in the II’s are both working. It’s not uncommon to find a fried diaphragm. Good news is it’s an easy fix and diaphragms are readily available.

Hard to say. The tweeters are different as is the crossover network. Check and make sure the tweeters in the II’s are both working. It’s not uncommon to find a fried diaphragm. Good news is it’s an easy fix and diaphragms are readily available.
yes,there is high end coming out of the tweeters but it seems like too much not a bad sound but i think the 1s go a little lower in frequency than the tweets on the 2s

also do the 2s have light foam in the cabs as these do and the 1s dont....the 2s have the foam over the top of the woofer and coming down to the bottom of cab,looks like seperating from the horns,i did take out but put them back in.

Personally I prefer the series 1 over the later models, I have two pair, raw birch, and oiled walnut, the birch have been modified for biamping. The crossovers seem to be indestructible, both of mine have the original components and sound very schveet.
what did you notice the difference was between the l and ll

what did you notice the difference was between the l and ll
Better tighter bass, more alive sounding. The difference was not night and day, but I think the difference could be attributed to whatever makes the series I almost 20 lbs heavier, though both are rated for the same 50hz, where the series three are only 58hz, and the weight of the third series is about half way between the other two. All of the above info from the Klipsch Web site.

Series one spec sheet
Screenshot_2018-05-19-15-42-37.png

Series two
Screenshot_2018-05-19-15-43-58.png

Series III
Screenshot_2018-05-19-15-45-01.png

Last edited:
i agree....i the 1s seem to be more bright the 2s a little more flat.....i like the 1s better for sure

Been looking at a set of Heresy II's.. seller says they are 4 ohm... Always thought these were either 6 ohm or 8 ohm? Never seen a set of 4 ohms, did they make such a animal?

Back
Top Bottom