Difference betwen Yamaha CR 1020 and Yamaha CR 2020

cuza

Hi everybody can someone tell what are the difference between this two amp, and why CR 2020 is more powerful than CR1020 because they have almost the same weight.

Best regards

Hi everybody can someone tell what are the difference between this two amp, and why CR 2020 is more powerful than CR1020 because they have almost the same weight.

Best regards

Welcome to the forum Cuza!

I am not very familiar with the two receivers but I can tell you that weight has very little to do with power.

I suppose that the transformer are bigger, and weight more, i don't know if they have the same transformer.

I ask because i wonder if i can take more watts to my Yamaha CR 1020, I wonder if I can obtain the same power like the Yamaha CR 2020

I suppose that the transformer are bigger, and weight more, i don't know if they have the same transformer.

I ask because i wonder if i can take more watts to my Yamaha CR 1020, I wonder if I can obtain the same power like the Yamaha CR 2020

I am not familiar with your receiver but what you are trying to achieve sounds complicated.
You would be better off buying a separate amp if you want more power, or a different receiver.

Here is a nice one if you want to get your hands dirty http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-CR-2...-Needs-Work-/301725555356?hash=item46403e9a9c

don't forget that you need 10x the power to increase the loudness of a given speaker by I think it is 3db. the 1020 is rated at 75 wpc and I know the 2020 is not rated for 750 wpc though I am not sure what it is rated for? I am guessing about 100 wpc. so the 2020 is not going to make a big difference in the loudness.

I cannot use it :)))) is at 120V and i have 220V, if you want it, i can give some advice. check the stabilizers, that supply the preamp and radio circuit, they are 2 transistors.

I repaired my Yamaha in the same way.

I don't know if i can obtain more power like Yamaha CR 2020

Last edited:
So, that mean that I can do nothing to increase the power.
If the transformer of Yamaha cr 2020 is bigger.

Another question, how i can test the amp bandpass, if the freq pass beyond 20KHz, what i need?

Hello Cuza ,

IMO the CR-1020 is a very nice and valuable vintage Yamaha receiver, it's not a good idea to start modifying it to make more power.

If you want to experiment with amps you better get a kit to put together and modify to your liking.

Of course it is yours and you can do whatever you like with it, but I don't think many people here are going to support you with that.

Now if you decide to restore it to like-new condition (recap, re-lamp, de-oxit, clean-up...) then you are at the right place here...

If you really want more power just attach a power amp to the Pre-Out jacks on the back of the CR-1020. If you really want to tinker either build your own amp (Class D are cheap and plentiful) or mod an amp without classic collectible value.

Back
Top Bottom