Differnt power supply schematics?

Update:

AM OSC has two coils/inducers in the can. One of the coils is open, tried everything I could. Go continuity from one end to a random piece of coil I was able to pry off from the wax, but not from the other end to this random piece. So anyway, it's open. How would I go about finding a replacement? I've never gone shopping for one before.

I wouldn't think the AM oscillator coil would have much to do with anything besides the AM section. Are you still having issues with the FM, or is this chasing a problem on AM?

hm, thinking about it, if its using the same tube for functions on both AM and FM, it may need continuity through that coil for the FM part to work. You might be able to simply bridge the dead AM coil with a resistor of similar value to the DC resistance of the coil and complete the circuit enough for the FM to work. Obviously the AM won't do it's thing.

Usually you replace these out of parts donors. Maybe if its a standard can, other models can yield a part but you're looking for old components here.

Small update....

This unit has been on the shelf since I pulled that can out. I bought a donor unit last week and will start working on it again soon. The donor is a ta-230, I think it should have the part I need in it. It’s got a complete set of tubes and is working at least.

Another update...
It’s all still here waiting for me to get around to. Probably moving in a few months, so it’ll have to wait until at least that long. Still have a Marantz that needs recapped and of course the little Maggie 9303 that’s always calling my name. Think I might do the full upgrade to that one. I kept the speakers out of the console, so if I can get it all to play nice together I’ll be happy. Got the tuner/pre amp too.... maybe I’ll build a case for it, I dunno ‍♂️. And then a handful of tabletop tube radios that are mostly display pieces these days.

Hello, I have a Ta-260 that I am restoring. I have looked everywhere and I have not found a decent schematic, just the one all the internet sites seem to have that is all marked up. The sams schematic is quite different from the one in the owner's manual so I am working from the one in the owners manual. The unit I have is playing quite well but needs more work in the power supply. I have caps on order and will try re-stuffing a few of them. The 7591-XYZ tube is a replacement for the 7355 provided you remove the connections to pin 4 which in the TA-260 was uses as a tie point for the bias connections. In the 7591 it is tied to the screen which will make thinks go very wrong if you do not remove the bias connections. For the 7591XYZ it is recommended that the two screen connections pin 4 and 8 be tied together externally. I have four 7591XYZ's and will put this theory to the test once I receive the caps I ordered.

Back
Top Bottom