1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Digital Amp

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by Fr8dog3510, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Fr8dog3510

Fr8dog3510 Active Member

Please register to disable this ad.

2. prighello

prighello Super Member

Ive used a nuforce dda120 for about two years now. It is totally digital like the ones you at looking at. I enjoy it. Super clean but lacks a little oomf on the lowend.

3. Fr8dog3510

Fr8dog3510 Active Member

Thanks for the info. Nice clean simple look.

4. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

UHH - most subwoofer amps are digital - to say they lack oomph is ridiculous.

5. prighello

prighello Super Member

I've had around 30 different amps over the past five years. The nuforce dda120 is lean in the nether regions. It is also a power dac while most sub amps are class d. I've also had about 7-8 class d amps (b&o, hypex, irs, ti, tripath, etc). Bass is usually their strong suit, especially the icepower ones I've owned or heard.

This is just not the case with the nuforce for some reason. I don't know why. The device delivers a super clear clinical sound but is just weak in bass response. I don't know if this is a characteristic of power dacs or if the nuforce is a special case.

Regardless, I like the device enough to continue its use. I even repaired it out of warranty when one of the channels went out.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018