Digital Media Locker

Crazyblocks

Back in mid-August i thought of building a computer in my locker once school started
Recently i put it together at school

Few of the parts:
Kodi 17.3 (using LibreElec OS for Kodi)
Raspberry Pi 2B+ which utilizes the Broadcom BCM2837 SoC
12v 8ah Lead-Acid Battery (Verizon FiOS OEM battery)
1366x768 Resolution LCD (idk what type of LCD)
Display found on Amazon, which the item is now somewhat unavailable on amazon anymore
150 Watt Inverter that my dad had for more than 7 years now

So, what does it do? Asking for a friend. :smoke:

Man, when I was a kid, maybe you had a pea shooter in your locker, or if you were really edgy, a cap gun. Which of course would get you arrested nowadays. The smallest computer back then would not fit in two lockers. :rflmao:

Like a more integrated Zune but inside a locker and can have expandable memory
It plays many video and audio files (even .flac and .mkv files) using a port of Kodi
Video and audio files are stored on external drives, i am using a dock for hard drives and solid state drives (which the Hitachi HDD is plugged into), on the dock there are ports for flash memory like SD cards, Compact Flash, or Sony MemoryStick
Soon i am actually putting in something where i can plug in my Zune 30 and have the video signal go to the display (which the output is a composite video signal at 320x240) and the audio go to the speaker

Last edited:
I can picture a Bluetooth antenna that broadcast a “radio station” of sorts that other students could connect to when nearby. That would be cool.:rockon::)

^^ that's what I thought it might do. Otherwise you're standing in front of your locker watching videos? Seems kind of, ah, inconvenient.

Back
Top Bottom