Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives......

Darkspeed

Keepin' Signals Hot...
Anyone else love this damn show?! You can almost feel your arteries hardening as you watch!!! It's a good thing.:drool::smoke:

Better yet, any of y'all been to any of the places Guy Fieri hits on the show?

Later, I gotta go fry something....

i could watch that show all day. it's like how it's made, but better.

i've been to the Marietta Diner in Marietta, GA. Great place :thmbsp:

He spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh and I've been to most of the places he's mentioned. I think he has family here.

Tom

He went to a seafood restaurant at Indian Rocks Beach, FL (forget the name right now) in one episode that I've eaten in- it's neither a diner, a drive-in, nor a dive. The food is terrific. I'd like the show a lot more with a different host. Fieri is a first class tool, as far as I'm concerned- not much of a selling point for the UNLV Food Services Department. But then, in general, Food Network has plunged into the abyss in the last few years, as far as actual cooking talent goes.

I still like most of the programs, but I do agree that they've skewed way too far toward "ratings enhancement".

"Chopped".:thumbsdn:

Love the show. Dislike the host. But I realize that the kind of host that I would like would never fly with the public. People *like* obnoxious narcissists with the "Matthew Lesko Gene". Why, I have no idea.

But the premise of the show is great, and when I focus on the guests and not the host, it's very fun to watch. Or should I say *was*, as we had cable yanked a month ago, due to the miniscule fraction of programming that we could ever find to even want to watch. The last straw was when TV Land started bouncing Andy Griffith out of the way to make room for an assinine and juvenile "high school reunion" reality show. WTF? And when it came right down to it, we were spending over $60 a month to watch an occasional Andy Griffith, this show once in a while, and my obsession with Deadliest Catch.

So we bought the box sets of Deadliest Catch and all the Andy Griffiths, used online, for about one months worth of cable and told Charter to go to hell.

Enjoy this show immensely!
As a matter of fact I now put fiesta cheese & bacon bits with other seasonings into the ground meat when I cook hamburgers.

I saw a show where he went to some place where they used two patties with cheese & bacon in them. Looked delicious.

Rome

i have been to "The Mad Greek" in Baker, California,

en route or returning from Vegas, because there is no sane reason to just go to Baker, California

We've been to a bunch of his "finds" long before the show hit the air: Psycho Suzi's, Al's Breakfast, The Wienery, the Dari-Ette. Dari-Ette over on the E side of St. Paul ROCKS.

I've been to a few of the places on the show's list including the Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg SC, Leonard's BBQ and Cozy Corner BBQ in Memphis. All three are excellent. I like the premise of the show, the host not no much.

Took me a little time to get used to Fieri. Like his Camaro (and sometime Cobra). He CAN cook. He does know his stuff. So he's over the top. Don't care. I just wish there was someplace even close to what he visits within driving distance of my house.

Quality over Dorkery

As OP I guess I should've prefaced this thread by stating my opinion on Mr. Fieti. Definitely toolesque. But, he fits the food on the show. He is like a way too hyped up, over-fried, greasy kinda guy. In a Food Network-host related rarity, I've become indifferent toward him now (not so for Bobby Flay*, Rachel Ray*, Barefoot Contessa lady*). The food he checks out trumps his frat-dork persona. Believe me that takes some REAL good food......lol.

* Someone kill me. Quickly.

Last edited:
Didn't care for Fieri when I first saw the show, but I liked the places he visited so I kept watching. He's grown on me, and he makes me laugh occasionally so I don't mind him now. I'd love to have his job...

Back
Top Bottom