disappearing mouse icon?

nj pheonix

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi ,
Running a windows 10 pc for several years without issue. Recently (i suspect, but i'm not sure) after a windows update. Machine will run fine , then mouse icon disappears . I can't get back without rebooting. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Damn the cat,
I didn't even think.

Driver is current.
Once it's gone I can't enable anything without reboot ( maybe I'm wrong about that, the keyboard still works , though I'm somewhat at a loss to figure how to navigate without the use of the icon:idea:

I think the mouse icon can disappear by design, but not sure why it doesn't come back. Check the mouse settings in Control Panel. Maybe turn on the locate feature when you press the Ctrl key and see if it shows up.

if you can, when it does disappears, unplug and wait a few secs, then plug back in. If that works, uninstall the mouse and let windows re-install the driver.

Or try a diff mouse.

can you navigate to device manager with it ?
am thinking if you can manage that and see if anything is in red .

usually when things go dumb like that I just unplug it and plug it back in. Could be a crusty connection, or maybe its just got a glitch somewhere. I've also just had mice die or the wires break and go flaky.

I did run across that in my web searches to address the problem.
I was even surprised No one chimed in with it along the way. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom