(DISCLAIMER) not for the faint of heart, but, it's ART.

I really don't care what they do to the records, but I could only handle around 35 seconds of the 27:00 minutes.

We should give prizes to the ones that can listen to the whole thing...:p

The digital guy's wont even stand a chance on this one:rflmao:

My parents had an old Fisher console system that sounded like that when my mom stacked too many records on it. Neil Diamond isn't supposed to sound like that.

My parents had an old Fisher console system that sounded like that when my mom stacked too many records on it. Neil Diamond isn't supposed to sound like that.
Well that's a major insult to Fisher, a pioneer of bringing high fidelity into the home.

That video is a waste of time.

Well, I got about a minute in and I'm still confused about what they're trying to do. Make noise? Okay. Performance art? My cat does better than that.

Well that's a major insult to Fisher, a pioneer of bringing high fidelity into the home.

That video is a waste of time.

It was the operator, not the Fisher. Harry Belafonte and the Kingston Trio always sounded good on the Fisher when my dad was the operator. And I suffered through 5 minutes of that "art"... do I get a prize? (Huh, I wonder if those two are getting public grant money for that.)

Wait a minute, found this:

"Vinyl Terror & Horror is the Berlin-via-Denmark duo of Camilla Sørensen and Greta Christensen. They reformat the concept of turntablism by intricately destroying then re-deploying record players and assorted vinyl into works of sculptured aural nightmares, cutting records into pieces and filling the gaps with shards of glass, trash or other records to create uneasy symphonies. Fragments of familiar sound pop into existence like ghosts, only to be disrupted by a well-placed piece of metal dropping onto a spinning disc."

Oh, that explains it. Sorry, won't be getting anywhere near my ears.

My cat was only mildly annoyed by this. My wife, on the other hand, was greatly annoyed by it :mad:. Almost worth something just for that :biggrin:.

a7aaa3dd05083ad25fbe3ec8e54a9d1c.jpg

I actually made it 1/2 way, before redundancy took over. Never thought about holding my next LP for play in my teeth.

You should see some of my "art". I'll admit that I don't quite understand "free jazz", but to each his own!

Back
Top Bottom