Divorce

Onward, yes!
I was either in a dream or just a thing the waking stage this am.
Now to go back a step, I recently turned 48.
The moment this AM had me incredulous at that fact, I'm trying to determine if I was actually pulling a 2 timeline type of moment where an earlier me was shocked, and saying "oh my god, how are you 48", or if I was just there and having a minor crisis.
Either way, yes the Hugo quote is more than appropriate.

To Sleep, sorry for the momentary hijack, you seem to be handling this divorce as well as can be expected. Here's to more forward looking.

"40 is an old young man, and 50 is a young old man."

It's truly the decade where the pendulum swings the other way.

Sounds about right! Funny thing is I eat better now that I call the shots. I'm healthier and actually look a bit younger in the face than I did when we split up. I have more of the salt and pepper thing going on though.

When i saw the ex shopping last summer I was sort of surprised to see the eye wrinkles and lines between the nose and mouth were deep. She always looked young for her age, not so much now.

I think next time she initiates contact (it was me last time) I will leave her hanging.

Sounds about right! Funny thing is I eat better now that I call the shots. I'm healthier and actually look a bit younger in the face than I did when we split up. I have more of the salt and pepper thing going on though.

When i saw the ex shopping last summer I was sort of surprised to see the eye wrinkles and lines between the nose and mouth were deep. She always looked young for her age, not so much now.

I think next time she initiates contact (it was me last time) I will leave her hanging.[/QUOTE
"it was my last time" or (it "was" me last time) or "was my last time" Do you see the difference Sleep. Don't lead her in or ononly to hurt yourself more Sleep.Caution is certainly recommended. Far be it from me to indicate it any other way. "propositions"

Yup, the more time goes by the less concerned I am with the pets.

It sucks nut there isn't much I can do if they are well or not. Gonna try to just put it out of my thoughts if I find myself wondering about them.

Keep busy, listen to music, not that sappy stuff that reminds you of things that once were. Start a new hobby, take a cooking class. Good place to meet "new Friends".
The three I"s. I can, I will, I am moving on with my life. Consider how happy you are at this moment. FYI Just came home with a Bryston 11B with mm / mc phono stage. and a 3 B amp. I'm happier. did I need it. no. Right place right time. You betcha. An obvious upgrade from my silver faced stuff. Might be parting out some of that pioneer gear. I bought a M25 Pioneer amp years ago. What do you think that'll go for. walk tall my friend.

Just came home with a Bryston 11B with mm / mc phono stage. and a 3 B amp.
Ah cool! Bryston stuff is made a 45 minute drive from here, enjoy!

Life has it's ups and downs, but I'm mostly happy and being free to face challenges on my own terms helps. The lack of mostly self inflicted chaos and drama caused by my ex is not something I miss.

I think next time she initiates contact (it was me last time) I will leave her hanging.
I noticed health improvements immediately after leaving my x-wife. I was taking less pain killers for headaches, using less preparation H, drinking less and sleeping better. I had no idea how much stress living with her put on me until I left. Of course, the 2 cats I had helped a lot.

Igor ! That's it !! I used to watch him 45 + years ago. Come to think of it that's where my affliction for fine gear started when my brother brought home that big shiny Pioneer amplifier. / SLASH / Not to mention the the first girl I ever liked. I remember "borrowing" a pair of earrings from my mom and wrapping them up in coloured newspaper. I was about 9 We were too poor for wrapping paper. Needless to say the borrowed earrings ended back at home in my mothers hands. I had to kneel in the corner and got my hands wrapped a couple times for it...I reminded my mother last week about it. We both chuckled. Cecilia that was her name. Who would have thought that was my opening move. That year I ended up being prom king and she was prom queen. Talk about the most awkward cheek kiss. I just wanted to hold hands. lol That's where it all starts. I heard a saying I can't remember it well Some thing about a roll of toilet paper. When you get near the middle of the roll, your life (the roll) the faster it disappears. Something like that. Screw that !! get the most out of life before the roll ends. "Smile Sleep" you have more toilet paper on your roll then I do Ha Ha : ))

Hey SuperjazzyJa can you forward that long winded story over to Sleep. It was for both of you guys. I just don't know how to paste and copy. It's true bud it's true.
thanks. When I left I was a mess I'm 101 % ok 5.5 % when my elbow is tilted lol

the world is awesome today

When I left I was a mess I'm 101 % ok 5.5 % when my elbow is tilted lol

the world is awesome today

It is! Nice sunny Saturday here, doing what I like and nothing else. My mood is my own responsibility.

Gonna grill up a burger or two when I feel like it, have a couple of beers and relax with some music after, at whatever volume I like.

She used to shout "turn it down" (fair enough) from the bedroom, and then all I could hear was the censor bleeping from hells kichen or whatever crap reality tv show she had on.

Life is better now :)

Every morning I wake up thankfully..I head to my tube amp hit, the power buttons to let everything warm up for 5 minutes. Grab a coffee settle a record on my player and let my morning begin. From there I hope my day continues stress free. Today was Cat Stevens. Both sides. Going to have to do some adjustments. Little flutter happening.
My table is picking up the bass. My amp has no tube amp has no tone controls. My system is in my family room, for all to hear. I'm lucky enough to have good friends like you that love music. Even my family doesn't understand why I love old equipment, records, cassette players. I think they are understanding a bit. It's ingrained since I was little I think. I'm really happy for you sleep, you truly seem, sound, even eating better. Don't forget your daily avocado's.. Great for the prostrate. I had a scare last Dec. Prostate cancer. Had it removed. All good now. Avocados have the good fat in them, better energy, i noticed. ^Time for another record...:music:

Good advice, love avocado! Good you got that issue sorted out.

I have been focused on probiotic food lately, stuff with healthy bacteria. Good for the guts and the mind. I make my own sauerkraut (way different from the stuff at the store) and everyday I ferment milk into Kefir...like a drinkable yogurt. Sounds gross but it tastes great with some maple syrup or a few strawberries.

Never really got into those super drinks, all though as of late anything to boost my energy would be most welcomed. So today I will make a mess in the kitchen. I eat well everyday, or at least try. I love sauerkraut on my pastrami sandwiches, slightly toasted rye bread ! I'm getting hungry again. Haha You have started to eat better a sure sign of wholeness in my books. Fuel your body with food, fuel your mind with music, fuel your life with happy people. Have a great day Sleep.

the world is awesome today..

Back
Top Bottom