Divorce

Right on bro, On another note need to know what kind of stereo you have... I also found my Pl 530 hinges yesterday on ODP. Scored a super Pioneer double sided sign today on kijij today as well. 65 inches long.
cheers,
Mark
the world is awseme today

Nice score on the sign!

Stereo changes, I swap out stuff now and then.

Right now it's a vintage Luxman as a preamp into a semi-vintage Rotel power amp, Paradigm 7se speakers (with new/better voicecoils on the tweeters). I use a new Tascam CD player and a squeezebox into a Sony ES DAC. Last but not least a Pioneer PL550 with Denon DL110 and DL160 catridges. I have some nice Marantz and Yamaha stuff kicking around too.

Nice gear, I run with paradigms as well in the living room. I flipped the tweets as well and reversed the neg / pos connections to soften the brightness. scored those for forty bones local. however in the loft above the shop I have a set of Martin Logans Ethos. All my gear is mostly vintage from the 70's and some from the late fifties. sm Q300 Pioneer, MPX Pioneer, PL 530 Pioneer TT-AKG p15 md, M25 Pioneer amp, M73 amp Pioneer, C21 Pioneer preamp. SA9900 Pioneer integrated Technics sl 1700 TT -v15 pickering. RT 707 Pioneer R to R, GX 95 Akai deck (80's), Cayin TA30 tube amp, a pair of Rtsp 100's I could go on, I am building a stereo system for all three grandsons. I have been collecting for years. Hence the Pioneer sign. Anyways good to hear from you. What have you been listening to lately.:music:
cheers,
Mark
the world is awesome today..

Sleep, you need to stay busy with other things to keep your mind off of her. I moved out on September 14, 2014 and thought about celebrating my freedom every 9/14, but I realized that wasn't really healthy. Instead, I just think about her as little as possible. There are always reminders and my long term memory is a little too good, if you take my meaning. However, I don't allow myself to dwell on the past. Posting on AK, hanging out with guys from other paving crews and going to downtown Denver are some of my escapes.

Last year, I replaced my entire wardrobe since all of the clothes I had at that time I'd had while with her. Also, I brought nicer clothes than I'd ever had to wear on weekends.

So y'all think you have it bad? As some of you may remember, I posted a thread about my ex's hubby dying with cancer. The ex buried him 3 weeks ago today. The next day she was in St. Louis at Six Flags! I found out from my son yesterday that she's already dating a guy she met on eHarmony! Just wow!

Nope, I'm not sure it was an invitation as much as her testing boundaries. She s**t the bed, she can lie in it.

@SolderIron, you are right, I still think about her too much. It's getting better, but when she gets in touch and acts odd it's hard not to. Gotta keep working at it.
I am very happy in the new life. Sometimes memory of good time do spill over from the past. I look at it and then play the picture of walked through a glass door and it is best to keep going.

Divorce recovery has its normal, natural stages just like any other loss in your life. I takes nearly a year for most to feel that their new existence without a spouse is
a natural part of who you are and thoughts about the future can be made without wondering what might have been. With Sleep in his 3rd year of being single again, he can
now except that he has survived the loss and he can now work on making a life for himself that doesn't revolve around worrying about or controlling what happens in her life. Dreams and thoughts about being together will always be there until you start seeing someone else with the intention of making a life together. No one is required to be with someone to be happy, and being alone at 44 is a good time to do many things that please/fulfill yourself without considering a partner. Travel, see the world, maybe even move far, far away......

With that said, there will come a time when you wonder if living life alone will become life-lived-lonely and that is when you will be ready to share again and a partner will make their way into your realm. Living life alone is fine, but I wouldn't wish dying lonely on my worst enemy. Everyone needs someone or some thing to live for.

So y'all think you have it bad? As some of you may remember, I posted a thread about my ex's hubby dying with cancer. The ex buried him 3 weeks ago today. The next day she was in St. Louis at Six Flags! I found out from my son yesterday that she's already dating a guy she met on eHarmony! Just wow!
That raises some questions. Did she really love him? Was it really cancer or something more sinister?

WOW ! That's unbelievable. His side of the bed was still warm. No remorse on her part when she attended with another guy. I remember those feelings. The gut wrenching,churning stomach cramps. Lawyers took most, she got the house and I moved on six years later. we invest so much time and effort only to be treated like garbage at the curb. Karma eventually catches up. The imperative word here is move on. Anyone hanging on when the other one no longer wants to is unhealthy for you or the relationship, kids, family members. Toxic waste.
Makes our lives shorter. So does the wrong spouse, partner etc. I still have panic attacks twenty some years later. Manageable though. Push through it, be strong. We still have choices regardless of our past.

Cheers,
Mark

Cheers

Last edited:
Divorce recovery has its normal, natural stages just like any other loss in your life. I takes nearly a year for most to feel that their new existence without a spouse is
a natural part of who you are and thoughts about the future can be made without wondering what might have been. With Sleep in his 3rd year of being single again, he can
now except that he has survived the loss and he can now work on making a life for himself that doesn't revolve around worrying about or controlling what happens in her life. Dreams and thoughts about being together will always be there until you start seeing someone else with the intention of making a life together. No one is required to be with someone to be happy, and being alone at 44 is a good time to do many things that please/fulfill yourself without considering a partner. Travel, see the world, maybe even move far, far away......

With that said, there will come a time when you wonder if living life alone will become life-lived-lonely and that is when you will be ready to share again and a partner will make their way into your realm. Living life alone is fine, but I wouldn't wish dying lonely on my worst enemy. Everyone needs someone or some thing to live for.

Dennis I agree with what you've said. My mother told me [/quote] "women come and go in your life pick one that's your friend first then love will do the rest. Your heart will heal when you fall in love with another" unquote. Life is certainly happier when shared with a women (partner) who enjoys and loves "YOU" for who you are. Someone, one day, will come into his life. Until then we'll keep encouraging him through this maze we call divorce. That's all we can do is be sleep's sounding board.
Till we talk again sleep.Your friend from afar.

Cheers,
Mark

Nice score on the sign!

Stereo changes, I swap out stuff now and then.

Right now it's a vintage Luxman as a preamp into a semi-vintage Rotel power amp, Paradigm 7se speakers (with new/better voicecoils on the tweeters). I use a new Tascam CD player and a squeezebox into a Sony ES DAC. Last but not least a Pioneer PL550 with Denon DL110 and DL160 catridges. I have some nice Marantz and Yamaha stuff kicking around too.
Hey buddy,
I'm going fly fishing for a few days. (Speckled trout). Your welcomed to tag along.
Cheers

People deal with grief in different ways. If it was a long disease she may have already "said goodbye" before burying the guy. I know it may sound heartless but its possible his passing is more of a relief than a sad thing at this point for her and she just needs someone to get her out of the house to remind her that she's still alive.

I'm not necessarily right. I am a bit skeptical.
Sounds like she was on the hunt before the body was cold. Some people can't be alone. Some people need.... (attention, a meal ticket)
I shouldn't be so judgmental (but I am, at least when it comes to these kinds of things)
I guess not my problem . To each their own.:dunno:

I'm not necessarily right. I am a bit skeptical.
Sounds like she was on the hunt before the body was cold. Some people can't be alone. Some people need.... (attention, a meal ticket)
I shouldn't be so judgmental (but I am, at least when it comes to these kinds of things)
I guess not my problem . To each their own.:dunno:
My son has said she has literally slept with at least 30 guys since her hubby died. Why am I not surprised? He caught her cheating (hey, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you) and threatened to leave. We're talking the same woman who told me it really didn't matter how many affairs she'd had!

My son has said she has literally slept with at least 30 guys since her hubby died. Why am I not surprised? He caught her cheating (hey, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you) and threatened to leave. We're talking the same woman who told me it really didn't matter how many affairs she'd had!

Obviously not to her.

Well, I was trying to give the benefit of doubt. She just buried a stiff, perhaps she wanted to do the same in the more lively sense to help get over it. Or not, unfortunately sometimes people never fail to live down to your worst expectations.

While i can't condone the actions of people like this, I really feel some (most) of them suffer from mental disorders.
It doesn't in anyway make it better for the people they have done wrong. I do feel many are unable to understand what it is they do wrong (or that in fact it is wrong in any way).
Maybe i should've been a shrink. Rather than live with crazy people, i could make a living from them:crazy::idea:

Back
Top Bottom