1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

DIY FOSTEX LAB SERIES Speakers

Discussion in 'DIY' started by jamiecantar, Jun 9, 2015.

1. jamiecantar

jamiecantar Active Member

I just picked up a SONY ES N77 amp and 1000esd pre-amp and I have these drivers in my collection, and I bet they would be an amazing match to the SONY ES system. Going to build these DIY and put them to use. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. djnagle

djnagle Lunatic Member

You'll never want for another system. Done right, those speakers sounds fantastic.

3. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Ms Puss Puss Subscriber

Never heard them or of them but they sure look fantastic, a full review is needed once their done!

4. jamiecantar

jamiecantar Active Member

Lol, yes :D That's a drawing I made. My vision of the final. I have the woofer drivers which I purchased at a thrift store and the horn drivers from Ebay. The wooden radial drivers I will hopefully (DIY) make them, or maybe use Altec metal horns. Sweet :D The drivers were part of this FOSTEX monitor series from around 1980. btw, Dennis, nice art work, congrats !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  5. Binkman

Binkman Addicted Member

geez 120db range? Is that a nail is see holding down the tweeter? :D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  6. Redboy

Redboy a few good watts Subscriber

Build 'em up! I want to see this project happen! :)

7. marantzfan

marantzfan ... Subscriber

:lurk:

I too would love to see this "git done".

8. canuckaudiog

canuckaudiog On a quest for high fidelity Subscriber

Very nice - I'm in the process of getting a pair of RWOFostex LS/3V speakers up and running. Just waiting on getting one woofer rebuilt and then they are good to go. Mine have the L475 woofer, D252 mid compression driver and T825 tweeter. Mine are in the original cabinets with the H420 horns. Just the one by itself sounds incredible - I am sure you will be pleased!

9. PR Audio

PR Audio Super Member

The wooden horns, just search Fostex enclosure on EBay, among the selections there will be some manufactured by a guy in Moldovia. He does excellent work and he can make the wooden radial horns for you. His pricing is very reasonable and freight might be less expensive that what you might think. He kniows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. RW Oliver

RW Oliver Active Member

Did you finish your speaker system?