DIY : Marantz LED kit for bargain

i have been trying to find a way to replace the fuselamps in my sony TA-f5 they are a smaller fuse then normal so difficult to get leds in the tube any suggestions

when I made my LED lights, I just purchased some copper tubing at my local ACE hardware store that was the same diameter as a fuse lamp and cut it int sections using a small pipe cutter. it allowed for very easy soldering and solid connection in the lamp holder!

I saw earlier in the thread about replacing the stereo indicator bulbs. I oriented the LEDs c to a in my 2246 but they never seem to want to come on. Any one have some insight as to what is going on?

I saw earlier in the thread about replacing the stereo indicator bulbs. I oriented the LEDs c to a in my 2246 but they never seem to want to come on. Any one have some insight as to what is going on?

What is the voltage and polarity coming in to the bulbs. You may have them in backwards.

My 2265 with SMD led's

Followed buzzz7's instructions and completed my beloved 2265 to led's.

Now, she's all lit up again.:banana:

Shalom,
James

Last edited:
My 2265 Led upgrade Pics.

Couldn't upload the pics earlier.
Great they are all up now.
I welcome any questions that anyone may have.
We're all here to help.

teleman51

Attachments

• marantz 2265 c.jpg
    marantz 2265 c.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 166
  • marantz 2265 d.jpg
    marantz 2265 d.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 143
  • marantz 2265 e.jpg
    marantz 2265 e.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 137
  • marantz 2265 b.jpg
    marantz 2265 b.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Marant 2265 a.png
    Marant 2265 a.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
AWESOME THREAD
I am very new to the whole audio scene, but I want to put LEDs in my new Marantz 2230. Does anyone have a specific preference to having 1 or 2 LEDs for the bi-pins?
Thanks for all the info

The internal protection diode has a .6 volt drop or so and results in the dropper resistor needing to be around 210ohms to give a 20mA current through the LEDs. That being said, the 8vAC is often higher and you should determine the actual AC secondary voltage with 7x20mA pulled before calculating the dropper resistor. Some of the protection diodes internally have an eveno lower forward voltage drop. The LED itself has a 3.3volt fwd voltage drop at 20mA. As for those people who think you can use a normal LED without a reverse protection diode on AC- have fun replacing them- it is the IV that destroys them just as easily as the current being too high.

Buzz- good stuff but a lot of work. Most guys won't make their own for the time and hassle involved.

There was a recent thread in the Pioneer forum everyone here should read on the same subject. My son started it as Drop In LED replacements. A lot of discussion and links from self-mades available thru steaybay, to flat out pre-mades drop-ins for car dome lights. The many, many company made links and discussion seems to be a viable alternative to having to actually make LED replacement lamps out of fuse lamp enclosures. Seems a lot of guys have bought various ones and done so, cheaply, with no problems at all.

CK's LED's.
CK- great micro work!

Attachments

• DSC_0816.jpg
    DSC_0816.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0822.jpg
    DSC_0822.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0820.jpg
    DSC_0820.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0817.jpg
    DSC_0817.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0814.jpg
    DSC_0814.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 153
Greetings from mobile alabama.

known about this thread for a while now, finally got around to trying it today.

im used to soldering, and the directions were pretty clear, knocked the build phase out in about an hour.. took another hour to get the !@$!#$ things in though, anyways, twas a great success.

Many thanks

Attachments

• marantz.jpg
    marantz.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 84
Thanks buzzz57,
changed out all my lamps to led according to your instructions.
Now all have that blue Marantz look.

Cheers,
teleman51

LED Conversion quandary on a 2230

I'm glad this thread is useful. :)

It was very useful - I didn't use the same LEDS that you did on a 2230, I used the replacement fuse lamps that CKeeler sells and I used some 10mm single lamps using 220ohm resistors on the biPins. All the bi-Pins have been replaced and working great but I'm having a little difficulty with the STEREO Indicator lamps. I can't seem to get them to work. Before removing the incandescents I confirmed that they were lit. Then I put my LED's in - configured per the online LED array Wizard that tsd71 had a link to on page 3 of this thread.
I've attached a screen shot of the wizard. I don't believe I had the array in backwards. I put one 270ohm resistor on the negative side of LED 1, attaching the neg (resistor) lead to the outside left pin hole of the PCB (as you face the tuner) and the Pos lead to the shared center segment of the PCB , then I added LED 2 sans resistor, with the neg lead to this shared center segment, and the pos lead to the far right hole of the PCB.
Turn on the tuner - no Stereo indicator lights.
I ended up putting the incandescents back in.
Any suggestions - did I do something incorrectly? Should I do 2 LEDs configured to 6 volts with individual resistors as opposed to a 2 LED array?
I know this is possible - I see others who have successfully done this.

Attachments

• LED Array Wizard.jpg
    LED Array Wizard.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom