DIY RGB Cables?

rs732

Sorry, I didn't know where else to post this and it's sort of relevant to this sub-forum. I recently found a new old stock CRT TV with an odd RGB 34 Pin input. Apparently,these are great for old gaming consoles,vcr,laserdisc,etc....

I've have some experience making DIY speaker cables but never something like this http://wavebeam.blogspot.com/2017/08/making-scart-adapter-for-sony-34-pin.html

Anyone experienced in making custom cables? How complicated would this is be?

Not very, if you know which end of the soldering iron to hold. Start with a surplus disk cable, then terminate as needed. Keep things short, due to no shielding. If it works but you need the shielding, consider keeping the ribbon cable but making it really short, and use a metal, grounded case for the connections to BNC or whatever.

I have a couple of KV25 XBRs, and they're fine sets. New old stock is quite a find. Do you have the APM speakers that go with, or is it some other model?

Thanks for the advice. The TV model is a KV-1311CR. It looks pretty good with composite but its suppose to look even better via RGB. I believe the TV has a single speaker but outputs in stereo. However, I have not attempted using the audio output yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much the image quality will improve.

Back
Top Bottom