DIY Speaker cable sites?

Jon S

Are there any sites which has information on how to make different speaker cables. I have looked at TNT-audio and it seems pretty informative. It's just that I'd like to see what people make and their reasoning behind their design.
:confused:

Putting together or making your own speaker cables is pretty basic stuff........most of the cost is in the purchase of the "raw cable" usually purchased by the foot. I have usually followed the rule of ...buy a good quality cable, don't pick the highest level but not the lowest (I usually have bought the next step up from the lowest)......use a good quality gold plated connector at each end but the type depends on the type of connectors on your amp and speakers.......I have seen posts about staying away from the "bananna" type connectors........spade types seem to connect better.......in some cases you can change the connectors on the speakers to a better quality type...I did that with my JBL's...those "push to open" connectors just did not cut it any more for me....but take some time, check out the sites mentioned above but do some searching on the net before you buy and look at the products out there, new gear and sites coming on line all the time.....but as for the question about what the different cable companies do concerning the actual design and manufacturing of the cables them selves.....who knows what goes on there......................good luck.........:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom