DIY Speaker kit from Europe?

Pentotark

A couple weeks ago I asked about a good DIY speaker kit to play with, as a first timer, and we ended up choosing the overnight sensations. Unfortunately shipping cost from parts express in the US to Europe is really high and doubles the cost of the kit. I was wandering if you guys could advice for a DIY speaker kit here in Europe which you had experience with and fun with it.

If you can build cabinets and crossovers yourself, you could always build some of the excellent KEF kits. You would however have to source the drivers from eBay though.

Lee.

If you can build cabinets and crossovers yourself, you could always build some of the excellent KEF kits.
Unfortunately I do not have those skills so I was looking for a simple DIY to start with and maybe move to something more complex next time.

http://www.iplacoustics.co.uk/

I think I did cover it for ya :D
Thank you for the many links. Did you try or had experience with any of these kits? which one would you recommend?

Good recommendation, at least as far as the quality of seller. My experience with Strassacker (lautsprechershop) has been very good.

I haven't bought any kits from them but have been buying components from them regularly for about 4 years now. They always have quick service and are very good about notifications and answering email. Their range of components is pretty good and they do have a good variety of different kits. Their prices are OK, somewhat middle of the road compared to other outfits, but their service makes me keep coming back. (No affiliation.)

Cheers,
James

Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for =) Do you have any experience with any of their products?

I bought them some Audax medium and tweeter for a DIY project I never took time to complete. That was a few years ago now, but seems they are respectable company often quoted in french audio forums.
No affiliation neither.

Back
Top Bottom