DIY Vinyl Cleaning Machine with Rotary Brush.

Chipmunk,

You are the king of DYI RCM's. I'm flattered you found inspiration in my reuse of a common microwave oven part. If your RCM works half as good as it looks my record collection is jealous as hell.

Holy mother of Googly-moogly!

Shamelessly echoing several comments more eloquent than anything I could add.

"best engineered DIY project of the year"

"That was built without confidence? "

"Are you an industrial designer by trade? If not, in your heart and soul you are.
Very professional, and amateur in the true meaning of the word. I am in awe of your effort and results. You have achieved a marriage of form and function and created a thing of beauty. "

"So I was thinking. I'd like to fly my car to work. You look like the guy that could make that happen.

Your creativity and workmanship are astounding!"

Absolutely amazing. And that was after a couple beers? Maybe I'd better take up drinking... :D

An absolutely beautiful design & execution! I couldn't help but think of a verse from a Charlie Daniels tune to some it up...

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
He laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet.
Johnny said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"I done told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been."

I've been reading all the threads in the DIY RCM post and I must say this is thusfar the most impressive! I doubt I'll ever come anywhere close to this, but man - what a thing to look at in awe! :tongue:

OK Chipmunk, where do I send the monies for a copy!!!! that is sooo sweet!!!

Yeah - If you have a mind to, you could sell them I bet. Of course thats easy to imagine, much less so to actually do.......

Nice piece of equipment. Now all that needs to be added is a motor speed control and and an optical method of getting the analog music signal from that clean vinyl groove- no more styli or cartridges to buy.

I would like to appreciate everyone's nice comment again!

Its been about 18 months now, the RCM is still running strong. The rotary brush last longer than I think, 3M really makes great stuffs. There were about 1000 LPs cleaned so far. I may have to brew my own cleaning solution or I will spend too much on the L'Art de Son LP cleaning liquid...

Vinyl rules !

Here's an idea:
PATENT IT NOW.
Raise funds on kickstarter.com

Get ready for a tsunami of orders.

Saw a turntable take off there recently.

Simply brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom