dizzyorange's room

dizzyorange

Moved to a new place and just got done setting up, wanted to share a pic.

I bought a listening chair from Ikea but the legs were not in stock :(.

There's some bass traps in the corners to (hopefully) minimize disturbance of the neighbors. When the apartment manager came in to sign-off on the move-in checklist, I told her they were subwoofers and she looked like this :eek:.

The setup is PC > Devialet > Sonus Faber Venere. It's one-box for me nowadays.

As I type that, I'm stalking some Luxman...

20180929_183500_zpsmmwxgesy.jpg

20180929_183430_zpso3u2oord.jpg

20180929_183631_zpsjxlyv0el.jpg

Last edited:
Very mood oriented photos looking good. But what is the gear?

20180929_183547_zpsgf3azzph.jpg

20180929_210332_zps46qzvgr5.jpg

Thanks Drugolf, the gear is:

PC (Foobar / WASAPI)
Devialet 120
Sonus Faber Venere 3.0
Shunyata Venom 3 power cable
AudioQuest Vodka ethernet cable
Generic 12-gauge speaker cable

I've had this setup for the last 4 years and have been happy. I previously had Harbeth C7ES3's and before that KEF LS50's. I found that I preferred a warmer sound with less treble and ended going from neutral speakers (KEF) to the warmest speakers I could find (Venere).

Glad I asked about the gear. Nice. Did you go to the Venere's from the Harbeth simply because the size?

I bought the Harbeth's on a recommendation that they were warm-sounding but found them to be neutral and perhaps a bit lean (though I'm sure in other systems they may sound different). I think my old listening room was a bit big for the Harbeths as well. They were beautifully-constructed speakers. I think a tube amp would've made them sound better for me.

The Venere's have a rich, slightly fat, lower-midrange, which hits the sweet spot for me.

Back
Top Bottom