dj mixing board with yamaha m-80

right now i am running my most loved yamaha m-80 through a entry level luxman r-113 that i have had since high school and running my t/t and my cd player through a dj mixing board and then through the cd inputs on the luxman receiver.. the dj mixing board i have is no sceaming hell and i have tried to run the m-80 off of that alone but i find that is being a digital style mixing board it gives it a very cheap canned feel to everything i play .. i would like to know if anybody knows of a good mixing board that would act good as a pre-amp for my m-80 ..

thanks

Gary

right now i am running my most loved yamaha m-80 through a entry level luxman r-113 that i have had since high school and running my t/t and my cd player through a dj mixing board and then through the cd inputs on the luxman receiver.. the dj mixing board i have is no sceaming hell and i have tried to run the m-80 off of that alone but i find that is being a digital style mixing board it gives it a very cheap canned feel to everything i play .. i would like to know if anybody knows of a good mixing board that would act good as a pre-amp for my m-80 ..

thanks

Gary

Some of the smaller Tascam boards over the years are designed for line level, and are clean & durable. Some have phono preamps, too.

Pretty physically large, though.

je

Recently, I was using a Teac Model 2 as a pre-preamp to make up for the lack of inputs into an old receiver. It only gives you 3 channels of stereo mixing, but it sounded good and isn't terribly large. Plus it's just fun to play with the sliders and watch the meters :thmbsp:

A Urei 1620 or a Bozak are the best sounding mixers, but they will cost you. Another good one that sounds just as good is the Rane MP-24. You can usually find an MP-24 pretty reasonable. The Urei's and the Bozaks have rotary pots (volume control) the MP-24 has sliders. The MP-24 looks more modern. I have had all three. I still own the Urei.

A Urei 1620 or a Bozak are the best sounding mixers, but they will cost you. Another good one that sounds just as good is the Rane MP-24. You can usually find an MP-24 pretty reasonable. The Urei's and the Bozaks have rotary pots (volume control) the MP-24 has sliders. The MP-24 looks more modern. I have had all three. I still own the Urei.

Forgot about Rane- I also have a Rane 8in>2out single space rack-mount mixer. Well-made, but not too many features on it.

je

Back
Top Bottom