dlk 338s - a mystery to me

timinky

I went through some older threads on DLK speakers. But no where did I read anything about model 338s. I dropped $25 for the pair. They have a 8" woofer and small 3.5' tweeter,8 ohms, 25 watts. All original, rubber (?)surrounds, paper cones, all intact. Beautiful veneer cabinets. Haven't had a chance to fire them up yet. So who knows what I'll hear. Guy I purchased from had original shipping boxes. On both boxes and on each cabinet back are paper labels reading dlk 338. There is a shipping stamp on cardboard boxes that read DLK Electronics, 364 Jefferson Rd, Rochester, NY. Any sleuth out there who might be able to enlighten me?

tim

dlk 338 pics

first time uploading pics. my apologies if I didn't get it right.

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 65
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 53
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 44
I remember the DLK Electronics store on Jefferson Rd. as a kid. They had catalogs and were competing with the Allied and Lafayette stores down the road. They had some good deals and my father and I would visit there while shopping for an upgraded whatever. Their products may have been rebranded stuff or possibly they had vendors. They sold bulk parts commercially as well. They closed in the early '70's and Allied became Radio Shack (which isn't doing well) and Lafayette hung on for a while longer.
I found this thread by googling DLK as I was reminising about the old electronics of my childhood.

- Walt.

I picked up 2 pairs of these in perfect shape at a garage sale right in Rochester! they sound incredible! Any idea what they are worth?

Back
Top Bottom