DMV folks...Where you at?

Discussion in 'Regional Clubs' started by madmonda, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Capitol C

Capitol C New Member

Thanks for starting this forum. I didn't know about the Capitol Audiofest, I'm sorry I'll have to wait until November 2017!
    Relatively recently I recapped, refoamed, and (sadly) replaced the tweeters in the AR-3a's I bought when I was in college. I'm currently repairing the AR-AU amp I bought at the same time, it went out just before the speakers were restored. (Bad luck, that.) I'm also looking around at speakers to go with my modern set-up after the amp is repaired and restored. No budget for super components, but I'm having a lot of fun with what I can afford.

Bugoyevski likes this.
  2. bobca

bobca New Member

I am in Haymarket, VA, same as Johan. I am currently refurbishing & fixing my Yamaha CR-1020 which I have owned since original purchase at Myer Emco, if you remember that retailer. I use the CR to drive two Polk Audio M10 speakers I purchased several years after the CR. My initial speakers were JBL 110's, also from Myer Emco. I am keen for a get together when/if anyone would like to.

3. D4vidG4rr3tt

D4vidG4rr3tt AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yes, it would be nice to put faces to some of these names.

4. Dragunski

Dragunski New Member

I'm in Alexandria. Currently building some Bozak B4000 Symphonys with new cabs and recycled drivers. Stumped by the crossovers and by the late Pat Tobin's designs.

I'm up for meeting with tube and DIY types in this area or even blind listening to products.

5. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Subscriber

Don't forget the local DelMarVA AK bashes that alternate between Ehoove's place in the spring
    (Near Frederick, MD) and Ohighway's in the fall (near Ellicott City, Md) -
    both are fun occasions ... tho I've been tied up Sundays and missed the last couple ones ...

6. bobca

bobca New Member

@hjames...How can we find out about these? Is there a posted schedule with any details?

7. Harryconover

Harryconover Active Member

8. Harryconover

Harryconover Active Member

Ego is dangerous

9. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Subscriber

You new guys - go into your Preferences on the site and select a Location -
    general area where ya live - Bal'mer, Dunkirk, Fairfax, Great Falls, Soldiers Home - wherever ...

Party dates get posted as they come due - this was posted Mar 14th ...
    Sunday May 21st it is! 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. At ehoove's place.
    www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2017-mid-atlantic-ak-spring-gathering-may-21st-1p-m-6p-m.761653

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017