dnewma04's system

It's a woofer from the generation before the TD series. Excellent woofers up to about 400hz, but primarily designed for subwoofer use. Flat down to 17hz in an EBS aligned ported cabinet.

Sounds moderately non-sucky, Dave. :D

Did you finish the horns yet?

It's a woofer from the generation before the TD series. Excellent woofers up to about 400hz, but primarily designed for subwoofer use. Flat down to 17hz in an EBS aligned ported cabinet.

Cool! I wonder how different it is from the TD-15X.

They are the Lambda Acoustics supplied variety, i'm temporarily using 18sound compression drivers.

The active crossover has and still is giving me fits for no particular reason.

The bass cabinets are still in bondo/MDF mode, but this summer when the summer gets nice, I'm going to give veneering them a go.

Mr. dnewma,

I've found that subwoofers are unnecessary and take away from the sound. My computer speakers are "full range" and any addition would only subtract from the wholistic precision and sonic splendor that I'm currently afforded.

I also believe that you would be ultimately disappointed in the results of veneering your speakers.
I have provided my thoughts on the subject of audio aesthetics which were posted on another forum in response to comments made by an audio enthusiast:

Originally posted by planet10

Polyfilla (aka Spackle) is is water based (not something MDF likes) and not as tough as bondo (car patching material). This is what they use in Chris' shop for filling.

dave

dave,

Bondo can also be used with different color hardeners for an extremely attractive finish when topped off with an application of a clearcoat.

Remember, "Nothing, absolutely nothing, in this World says DIY like Bondo!"

If you like to really show off, copy some formulas from an Advanced Physics textbook in colored fine tip pens on different areas adjacent to the Bondo prior to the clearcoat. Most people won't have any idea what they mean, and if (horror of horrors!) you actually run into somebody that does know, you can just explain that those formulas are there to remind you, in a vague way, of a happier, more productive time of your life before the terrible accident and the lengthy recovery period.
It's considered very mature to decline to talk about it further, as one must look to the future and move on without dwelling on what had promised to be a distinguished future.

Warning, if you're married, read no further!

For you young single guys, if the person asking happens to be an attractive female, I suppose then it's OK to mention that the accident was (evidently) caused by being momentarily distracted by a School Bus, full of Kindergarten kids, plunging over the bank into the river. Although you have no memory of it, witnesses later claimed you were able to get all of the children out of the sinking bus before the loss of blood from the accident caused you to pass out.

"But enough about me, do you like music?"

I hope this helps,
TerryO

Last edited:
Nakamichi System One: 600/610/620/630 ???

Is it in the S1 rack. You should just bring it over here! I've lusted after that system since 1976.

Not picture worthy at this time, maybe later this summer.

There is far too much bondo and I don't want to get TerryO all worked up. He's getting older, you know.

If I waited until my system was "picture worthy" Satan would have Icicles hanging off his Goatee. I just don't have a camera or a website to put pictures on.

BTW: You can't have too much Bondo (Activated Polyester Tone Sauce or "APTS")! My next Yurt will use Bondo instead of felt for the exterior, as I'm getting tired of having to take it down for the annual migration and intend to stay in one place.

Best Regards,
Terry

While I agree with your assessment of bondo, unfortunately, Christie does not and I'm pushing my luck enough just having bondo covered mdf on temporary display. Suggesting they become permanent would go over as well as 30 cu ft EV speakers did.

He's not taking photos until the HPM100s are in place.:D

OMG!

Do you mean to say that he's replacing his beloved Zu speakers?

Maybe we can take up a collection for the much needed Electro-Shock Treatments. Dave's our friend and we certainly should help him. Besides, who needs a demented dnewma anyway?

Best Regards,
TerryO

My Zu's will never go anywhere. It's simply not worth burning them when instead, I can subject others to listening to the god awful things.

My Zu's will never go anywhere. It's simply not worth burning them when instead, I can subject others to listening to the god awful things.

Holy Smokes! That's extremely cruel and hard hearted...

But, OTOH, I bet you aren't bothered by Bugs, or Burglars, either.

Best Regards,
TerryO

That's an impressive list of gear, Dave, and pictures would just make some of us feel even more jealous!

Back
Top Bottom