Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See here everyone, you need at least a $1500 crosley;).
And if you buy anything from creepslist it had better be = to sleazebay pricing +20%:beerchug:.

BTW Ken, how'd you know what my system consists of?

I never said I did know what you own, you implied that another member perhaps he needed really expensive gear to not need an EQ, I simply added that perhaps you knew somewhere deep inside that gear above the least expensive stuff might be less needed for corrections for shortcomings. If you don't feel that way my first word in the sentence covered it with the word "Maybe".

You seem a bit defensive, their is no need to be, I have stated numerous times, I can care less how you enjoy your music.

Yeah well, I think you fall into the camp of get a new set of $10,000 speakers or new $30,000 amps if your favorite record doesn't sound perfect in room instead of correcting w/minidsp, eq, or god forbid, bass and treble controls:rolleyes:

And it begins again.
yes in your post #323,
A few more posts and you will have your panties in a wad about the "eat the rich" sentiments on this site.
You envy shows all over these pages
But it always starts with the same crowd and their condescending comments about members and how good sound has to = lots of money spent. Go test your subs with some Avril Levine as you admire your cheezy rocker chick artwork.
See like in here...envy oozing all over the place.
Or show us where and what sparked you to think I said anything condescending.

BTW Ken, how'd you know what my system consists of?
Well you post on the board, from what I can see with a little looking, you have very old avrs. Other than that who knows, don't care, but you might need a EQ for correction.

So, no doubt that my loudness compensation circuit is always active

There is something on most volume controls called a 50% loudness tap. That means, at or above 50% rotation no loudness compensation is applied regardless of the position of the loudness switch.

Incidentally, that's why I no fan of loudness switches. The amount of boost is not related to the actual listening level used. The variable type as exemplified by Yamaha is IMO/E more desirable because the boost applied is referenced to the actual listening levels used.

Hey.............I'm glad I don't listen to the crap you do:rflmao:
At least they are known, your stuff not so much.:no:

There's no need to be insulting.:thumbsdown:
Not liking someone and stating why is not the same thing as calling them crap.

If you think Jagger can sing or the monotone that Bowie emoted are singing we live not only in different worlds but different universes.
FWIW: I like what the Stones play I just can't stand the two note range of Jagger.

I'm fairly certain and I think others will agree with me, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins the Philadelphia Orchestra and many others are neither crap nor unknown?

FWIW: I paid $25 to see the Stones in 72 (Sticky Fingers tour). Stevie Wonder (opening act) gave them a run for their money.

Last edited:
There is something on most volume controls called a 50% loudness tap. That means, at or above 50% rotation no loudness compensation is applied regardless of the position of the loudness switch.

Incidentally, that's why I no fan of loudness switches. The amount of boost is not related to the actual listening level used. The variable type as exemplified by Yamaha is IMO/E more desirable because the boost applied is referenced to the actual listening levels used.

Cannot stand the loudness switch to the OFF position.... Geez, I have only one little life to live.
Again, every man ( girl ) for ( her ) himself.

Loudness always on , I say

There's no need to be insulting.:thumbsdown:
Not liking someone and stating why is not the same thing as calling them crap.

If you think Jagger can sing or the monotone that Bowie emoted are singing we live not only in different worlds but different universes.
FWIW: I like what the Stones play I just can't stand the two note range of Jagger.

I'm fairly certain and I think others will agree with me, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins the Philadelphia Orchestra and many others are neither crap nor unknown?
I was joking, hence the smiley faces , I thought you would get it.

Oh and here's my universe this weekend

IMG_0867.jpg

I was joking, hence the smiley faces , I thought you would get it.

Oh and here's my universe this weekend

View attachment 1214600

I'm a little sensitive in this area. I've received a lot of vitriol for saying I didn't like PF. Saying that Bowie and Jagger can't sing elicited some especially nasty remarks.

See my edit to post 347. I have an original copy of Sticky Fingers, zipper and all.

There are plenty of singers that CAN sing that I cannot stand to listen to. If singing ability were all there is to it I would likely move onto some other activity to occupy my evenings..

I also have heard numerous vocalist that can sing but I don't particularly like, Streisand being one. However, being IMO unable to sing at all is for me a double whammy.

Both of you guys are making me jealous. Since a full laryngectomy in 2011 I can't even talk.:D

In any case neither of you could be any worse than Mick or David.:thumbsup:

haven't read through all 18 pages, but i know my room destroys my bass response. if i stand on top of my speakers (not really, but very close) the bass is really boomy, if i stand around the middle of my room, all bass just disappears. about 3/4 to the other end, nasty 125Hzish peaks, NO low end. the very far end where i always sit at and have my PC, nice low end into the lower 30's. really need a bigger room i think. or smaller speakers :idea:
but for EQ i have a Sansui SE-8 boosting mid range 500Hz - 2kHz a bit. goes back to the sub par speaker thing.

Both of you guys are making me jealous. Since a full laryngectomy in 2011 I can't even talk.:D

Oh David is far better.

In fact I don't think a Eq will help the sound I make

I think Mick edges me out with his versions of Get Off Of My Cloud and Miss You.

I'm a little sensitive in this area. I've received a lot of vitriol for saying I didn't like PF. Saying that Bowie and Jagger can't sing elicited some especially nasty remarks.

See my edit to post 347. I have an original copy of Sticky Fingers, zipper and all.
Don't worry. They can't.
I may start a thread again about compression. That will really make heads here explode. And yeah I use them. Multiples.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom