Do you accept phone calls from strangers?

Do you take phone calls from strangers

• Total voters
We have to have a landline because we are in a cell signal dead zone. There are certain places outside I sometimes get a signal, but it's spotty until you go a few hundred feet up the road. That, and it's needed for our DSL internet, which is the only option here.

Either the caller ID is getting smarter or the scammers are getting more honest about what they do. Some recent scam calls actually come up as "SCAM?" on the caller ID.:rflmao: Those, I never even think about answering because they have only happen once in a great while.

My cell # is a business line so I answer them all EXCEPT a particular exchange that I’ve noticed to yield a high number of robo calls. Those I let go to VM and if they don’t leave a message then I block them.
I ain’t play’n!

Still don't have a cell phone (even in 2018) .. answering machine (landline) that I use to screen all my calls. Some of these losers even leave messages that I quickly delete. I have to know who's calling or what it's about before I pick up the phone.

Some calls from cell phones … Id'ed as wireless callers .. I'll pick up because I might be waiting for a business related return call (I've had some ID as wireless caller). If it's a telemarketer .. I'll hang up when the sales pitch is mid sentence.

Last edited:
Lately I've had a little fun with the latest scam. They call and tell you that you have several warrants for your arrest in ::insert place here:: and you have to pay right away. I answer and keep them on the phone if I have nothing else to do. I find it a lot of fun sometimes. I figure that while I waste their time I keep them from calling some other honest American who might fall for it.

Still have a flip phone here and no landline. I answer all calls when I'm in cell range which, most of the time, I'm out of range. No cell service at home.

For a while, I had the following message on my landline answering machine:

(In my best Indian accent, of course)
"You have reached the office of Patel, Patel, Rosenberg, and Patel. This is Patel speaking. Please leave a message after the beep, if we think it is interesting or important, we will call you back".

Still have a flip phone here and no landline. I answer all calls when I'm in cell range which, most of the time, I'm out of range. No cell service at home.

That sounds like a small slice of heaven.

If I don't recognize the phone number then I continue on with my business. No need to answer out of area, unavailable, or other titles I am not interested in. A quick delete & its called (pun) a day! :)

Rome

Back
Top Bottom