Do you believe this Schiit? I don't.

Vintagemidfi

Received a Schiit Gungnir and hooked it up through Toslink to a Cambridge CXC. First issue was a ton of hum. Schiit website told me to use a Humx. That was a new one on me so I researched the HUMX. A video told me to first test the DAC with a ground plug. Hum goes away get the HUMX. Still hummed so I told Schiit.

Then I finished the setup and got continuous clicking while the DAC tried to communicate with the Cambridge transport. Back to the Schiit website. It tells me to get another transport. Really. I am supposed to keep buying transports until one works? Weird Schiit, right?

After requesting a return authorization I was told it would cost 5% restock and shipping - damn near $100. So, in summary, the Schiit I got stinks and I get to spend $100 getting rid of the smell. WHAT DO FORUM WATCHERS THINK ABOUT THAT!! And by the way, I own two of their other products (Saga and Vidar) and used to have a third before selling it earlier this year.

"Schiit website told me to" "It tells me to get another transport."

Did you contact them with the issues or was that just the tips listed on the site?

I'm curious what they said as to why the transport was the problem.
was it claimed a defect with the transport or some type of incompatibility?

I believe for the website, he is talking about this point from the guides (under "Clicking when changing sample rates/pausing/etc")

3. If it’s clicking excessively on a CD transport when in pause, the CD transport has a cycling interruption in the datastream. There’s no real fix for this, except getting another CD transport. It won’t hurt the Bifrost or Gungnir, though—the relays are rated for several million cycles.

Sometimes your the windshield … sometimes your the bug.
Will that stop me from buying Schiit products … :no: … I've had good luck with their products thus far.
I'll never buy a Ford car again … had nothing but mechanical trouble with one.

Always have had great customer service with Schiit, had to return my Multibit for service and should have it back next week. Good luck with you Gungnir!

I see you don't post that often since joining AK in 2015 However since you've joined you've started 4 new threads asking for opinions, advice etc yet you don't bother following up with a thanks or comment.

What's the purpose of starting these threads and then not following up to comment on the suggestions, answers, advice, etc that you initially sought?

I see you don't post that often since joining AK in 2015 However since you've joined you've started 4 new threads asking for opinions, advice etc yet you don't bother following up with a thanks or comment.

What's the purpose of starting these threads and then not following up to comment on the suggestions, answers, advice, etc that you initially sought?

LOL..... silence. :) :)

I got my first piece of Schiit a couple weeks ago, a little Loki four band EQ. Very responsive, useful and well thought out.

I don't know the op. I own and have owned Schiit stuff with pretty good luck. Maybe we can cut him some slack. I am assuming this was posted as a public service. Not to trash Schiit as a whole. I think if i bought their piece and first i had hum and had to buy something to fix that and then it wasn't compatible with my transport and i wanted to return and they were going to charge me a restocking fee, I might be a peeved myself. Maybe its just a vent. I have opened threads just to vent. More harmless than venting at home or work:dunno:.
Just my 2c

I don't know the op. I own and have owned Schiit stuff with pretty good luck. Maybe we can cut him some slack. I am assuming this was posted as a public service. Not to trash Schiit as a whole. I think if i bought their piece and first i had hum and had to buy something to fix that and then it wasn't compatible with my transport and i wanted to return and they were going to charge me a restocking fee, I might be a peeved myself. Maybe its just a vent. I have opened threads just to vent. More harmless than venting at home or work:dunno:.
Just my 2c

I think the main beef everyone has is not that he opened the thread, but that he opened the thread and then pretty much abandoned it. Then he went over to the Asylum and posted the same thread. And he hasn't been seen since. Granted, he's not "hiding" by having another screen name over there, so there's that. But the low post count and the "drive by" negative posting raises red flags.

EDIT... a quick look at his 7 posts shows 7 opened threads with no further response. Annoying at best.

Back
Top Bottom