Do you have a paid Pandora subscription?

Do you have a paid Pandora Subscription?

• No, I don't use Pandora

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • No, I like ads and use it less than 40 hours a week.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Yes, I don't like ads but use it less than 40 hours a month.

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Yes, I listen more than 40 hours and hate ads.

Votes: 18 17.0%

• Total voters

similost

Rockin and Rollin....
I've been thinking about a subscription because I sure can eat up the time listening all day at work.. 40 hours isn't much a month it seems.

Have you paid for a subscription?

huh.. never thought about the pay as you go option... but the subscription part lets you also add other things, like a desktop player, and higher bitstream.. Need to add that I guess..

nope.. can't edit a poll...

I can live with ads too, but it's the time. a small player would be nice, and a little better stream quality..

trying last.fm now, 3 songs in and the mix is very good. Not sure about the sound quality but it is good for work.

I think they do a good job of mixing stuff you like with stuff they think you might like. It's like Netflix - the more you listen and tag tracks as good or bad, the more it can predict your tastes.

As far as quality, it's streaming, and free, so you get what you pay for. I have definitely been introduced to some good stuff, which I then go out and buy for critical listening...

I haven't yet gotten to buying a DAC to hook up to the computer, I wonder how much improvement that would make?

I have a subscription to pandora. I have no problem handing over a few sheckles to those guys for providing me entertainment when I am in the garage.

I think they do a good job of mixing stuff you like with stuff they think you might like. It's like Netflix - the more you listen and tag tracks as good or bad, the more it can predict your tastes.

As far as quality, it's streaming, and free, so you get what you pay for. I have definitely been introduced to some good stuff, which I then go out and buy for critical listening...

I haven't yet gotten to buying a DAC to hook up to the computer, I wonder how much improvement that would make?

Pandora has turned me on to a bunch of new music as well. And yes I have been buying albums because of this. The mix does seem different on last.fm. So far I really like it. :thmbsp:

listeniing to it right now... we love it. sounds so much better than napster, costs less, you get to sit back and relax without having to discuss or think about what to play next. You also have the option of using the like/dont like function. The more you use it the more custom the stations become. The more you use Pandora, the better it gets what you like and want to listen to. It has completely replaced FM and napster for us.

We do still however listen to records and cds in order to hear specific songs. You can use a song as a seed for a station and it will eventually come up, but you can't make it play specific songs when you want them.

Thanks,
Erin

Live365 here. I listen all day minimum 8 hours each day and love it. Does Pandora which I'm not familiar have the variety of Live365? Any other Live365 people here?

I listened to Pandora from about 2001 until December of 2009. However, I grew tired of trying to add continual variety to my stations. I was constantly up voting, down voting, creating one big eclectic station, creating homogeneous stations and mixing per my mood. After a while, it seemed that despite my efforts I was hearing the same songs over and over, day after day. Then the adds began. At first it was just an add or two here, maybe one an hour. Long story short, I felt like I was hearing advertisements every 3 songs or so. F*** YOU PANDORA! I intentionally go out of my way to avoid advertisement. I loved Pandora because it was everything that local radio wasn't. None of the corporate radio crap! No degenerate DJ's blabbing for hours, no commercials, no lame top 40 play list.

So what do I listen too now? Radioparadise.com! Listener supported, no advertisement, eclectic and you can stream at 192 kbs (which aint half bad :music:). Do I love every song I hear? Nope, but I like it that way. Lots of new music, lots of classics. Also, KEXP out of Seattle is very good and available online.

My personal belief is that, at least for me, listener supported and commercial free radio via the 'net is saving music. Fight the system! Stop listening to corporate radio, stop buying your music one song at a time from itunes in some crap lossy format.

I'm done ranting for now.

I subscribed and liking it. No adds. I play it through my new blu-ray player hooked to the stereo at 192 kbs. Sounds really good.

I still have my subscription, and still listen almost daily.. I have a LOT of stations so I'm not constantly hearing the same songs over and over.

Then even if you stop listening to a station for a few weeks, when you come back to it, they tend to be playing different songs on it.

...bump!

Pandora has changed the way I listen to music. (I have the paid subscription.)

I've worked up stations for Americana and bluegrass, early soul and reggae, straight-ahead jazz, afro-pop, hooky 90s pop, standards crooners, classical, hippie-psychedelic, Brazilian, and indie-hipster among others, and I use the Quickmix checkbox to tailor the mix of above stations to my mood at the moment.

The service has exposed me to so much obscure stuff from the past, especially in the genres of 60s funk, reggae, and country, that it's paid for itself many times over.

And the sound quality? It's 192Kbps, the same as an iTunes download, and run from laptop > DAC-09 > system, it's damn well good enough for sitting down to dedicated critical listening.

Love it.

Back
Top Bottom