Do You have ATT Uverse for your ISP and an Arris modem, serious security problems

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
SharknAT&To

I normally would not post this here but this security flaw is so serious it needs to be reported. If you have AT&T as your ISP pay attention to this.

Steve Gibson on "Security Now" Episode 627 states that it is so bad that it is almost criminally stupid. He predicts a class action lawsuit. One of the things these flaws allow is the NAT firewall to be penetrated, and it does not stop there. The quick fix is to put a secondary router inbound from the Arris modem that has it's own independent NAT firewall.

Read about it here:
https://www.nomotion.net/blog/sharknatto/

A good thing to do I have everything here going through a Apple Airport Extreme. Fortunately I am able to use an after market DSL moden not configured by CenturyLink.

Last edited:
I have a technicolour cable modem from the cable company AND ALSO MY OWN FIREWALL!!! (Thiers has a firewall but i dont wanna just have that)

I'm happy now that AT&T doesn't provide fast DSL to my area. I'm basically stuck with Comcast cable for internet service. The trouble with cable service is that when many people are using it, it slows down. An engineer once explained to me that DSL provides a separate line to each customer. But with this current bad news, I wouldn't jump into AT&T DSL even if it became available.

Back
Top Bottom