Do you have too much gear (stuff)?

Do You Have Too Much Gear/Stuff?

• Yes, I am a hoarder and need help!

Votes: 70 24.4%
  • Somewhat, but I have cut down drastically on my wants/needs.

Votes: 126 43.9%
  • Not really, just started and am actively acquiring more.

Votes: 29 10.1%
  • No, not at all. I am good with what I have for now.

Votes: 62 21.6%

• Total voters
Early on in the "hunter/gatherer" stage, I bought way more vintage stuff than I could ever use.

I have not sold much off.

What does that tell you.:yes:

ka-9100

I bought a Kenwood 9100 in 1990:music: just in case I needed parts for my 1977 most excellent Kenwood KA-9150 Then I found another KA-9100 then another Ka-9100 this one came with a 1970's Kenwood tuner! So I now have 4 KA-9100"s 2 Kenwood tunners,turntable ect. Thats my downstairs system.Also have systems for upstairs,garage and bedroom. I do think I could get rid of some of my stuff.

My hobby is commonly referred to as "The Sickness" in our household.

I believe a large rack of McIntosh gear and Klipschorns would be enough to cure my illness. That and 5000 more LPs...

I just can't help myself...

After 30 years in this hobby I've lost count of what I owned. I've sold/traded/gave away a LOT of gear and almost always with a monetary hit but gaining the knowledge and experience. I've reached a point long ago where thrift store finds aren't going to replace what I have and have pretty much stopped the upgrade fix. I'm very happy with my two systems and have cleared out everything except a back-up disc player.

I used to buy lots of stuff. I just one day lost the interest in seeing and stepping over a stack of cr@p I don't use. So I put it in the attic and my wife's closet. :D

I don't buy much any more. I think I have bought maybe two or three audio things in the last year, the other day it was a pair of AR4's. It has to be something pretty cool to catch my eye these days.

My wife and I moved 2 years ago and our new place is half the size of the old place. I 'try' to keep no more than 2 of any item. Right now I am up to 3 receivers, 3 turntables and 4 CD players.
Time to sell some stuff!

Not anymore , rainwater ,falling trees ,rodents and metal storage sheds just don't mix . Lost my records ,turntables ,amps and two sets of Cerwin D7s ,to that bad mix . I've gone to a simple 3.1 home theater set up , a simple 2.0 computer set up and a stereo set up in my bedroom.

I´m satisfied with my system for now. The last acquisition was my Astin Trew CDP about three or four years ago. I would only considere buying something new if it is a definite upgrade, and that means trying the first ladders of the "high-end" stratosphere.

Oh yea...way too much.
But it all finds me...and the vast majority if it was free...the town dump, side of the road.
I try to sell off that which i'm sure i'll never use...But, you never know when a need will arise !

I have way too much gear but I still need one more working receiver or amp/preamp! I have too much busted stuff and not enough time to fix it.

I gave up and dropped off two receivers last weekend to be fixed... but it looked like the repair guy had the same problem!

Too much stuff starts when you discover that you have two (three, four, you know - double the requirements) of items in your hoard. Then you thought you still needed (read wanted) another.

Back
Top Bottom