Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

vegabass25

Awesome AK member.
I keep them off alot but when people are over I like keep them on. So what do you do? keep them off or on?

Didn't come with them :)

With the sub, I usually leave it on. The Shiva's a butt-ugly driver anyway - great sounding, but nothing to look at :D

I like to show off...:D

PICT0356.jpg

I keep them off alot but when people are over I like keep them on. So what do you do? keep them off or on?

If not for a 10 year old son, and a wife with a super high accident rate, I'd leave them off for sound quality.

As it is, I remove them when I'm serious about listening, and they're not around. This isn't much of an inconvenience, because they talk too much to do serious listening when they're around anyway. :nono: :yes:

Grills, for the most part, are worthless for protection other than dust (if that). Ever seen how much most black grill cloth will give? Nada. Now, some ADS metal grills or something of the like, no problemo. I keep mine on for the most part when listening so I don't find myself looking at the drivers.

Kids, cats, grille on. No kids, no cats, grille off. You wouldn't put a veil over your ears whilst listening, you shouldn't put a veil over you speakers either.

On. No need to show off 'cuz all my local friends and family wouldn't know a nice speaker from a rhino horn. The Polks are all black with the grills off so there's not that much to see but the Missions are gloriously and beautifully finished all the way, even under the grills. The grills also keep the spousal unit from spraying the drivers with Endust or Pledge. I've tried to get her to spray that cursed stuff on the duster rather than on the furniture but, like that's gonna happen.

On. No need to show off 'cuz all my local friends and family wouldn't know a nice speaker from a rhino horn. The Polks are all black with the grills off so there's not that much to see but the Missions are gloriously and beautifully finished all the way, even under the grills. The grills also keep the spousal unit from spraying the drivers with Endust or Pledge. I've tried to get her to spray that cursed stuff on the duster rather than on the furniture but, like that's gonna happen.

HA ya i had a friend with a pair of custom speakers he built and he was polishing them up and wasen't paying attention and sprayed the woofer with pledge. Now there is a big dark spot on the cone. I try to keep away from that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom