Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Off for listening, on for the rest of the time to protect my domes and to stop those doped "Sticky" A/D/S mid range domes from picking up any crap they don't have too.

IMG_20190630_210228.jpg

Worth it to own such musical sounding speakers.

Different speakers require different approaches. I find my smaller more modern speakers are better sans grills, my larger vintage models with their grills in place.

All 7 rooms in my house`s A/V system`s speaker`s grill`s are always on.
`Cause you never know, even though my house is a controlled environment with no wife, children, dog, cat.
or undisciplined visiting friend`s children running wild.

My speakers have their clothes on, and will always be that way, except to service them, especially since I chose to listen to music and not stare at my raw speakers component`s watching the lower frequency driver`s cone movement, since the HQ room`s speakers sound stage permits the sound field to recede past the apparent location of the speakers, as I set them to do.

I don`t care to watch meters, or speaker cone movements whilst listening to music.
Strange, I guess, but to each their own.

on-gif.gif

`Cause you never know, even though my house is a controlled environment with no wife, children, dog, cat.
or undisciplined friend`s children running wild.

What about the Knucklehead? Can he come visit?
J8xVD04MKsaik36HQ79AhStdYEcHvi-UF0F7XqkR3ApmI5myhqLntvBDWeZdvEeb6equPOuuHAPUBpg9YIvYyhptpc0zkm5X8IkwI7t7izo3oiZexzQDmk1dsIhIC_N85VABg7RYmZc=w1920-h1080

^^He's only 4x the size now^^

Sometimes off, sometimes on. Lately on.
ndy32jRVnk2A0A65d528iukeAVC7kBtR0WD3P1jdmxNluJ4JWQZTgCC3TtfncuyiZ4gRGcu-4cZZCGWR5GswIlySylKsmDPtmm1fuR08W9HaRAdnnmz3ErpFpAztKxTvhg73dEQa_Ts=w1920-h1080

What about the Knucklehead? Can he come visit?
J8xVD04MKsaik36HQ79AhStdYEcHvi-UF0F7XqkR3ApmI5myhqLntvBDWeZdvEeb6equPOuuHAPUBpg9YIvYyhptpc0zkm5X8IkwI7t7izo3oiZexzQDmk1dsIhIC_N85VABg7RYmZc=w1920-h1080

^^He's only 4x the size now^^

Sometimes off, sometimes on. Lately on.
ndy32jRVnk2A0A65d528iukeAVC7kBtR0WD3P1jdmxNluJ4JWQZTgCC3TtfncuyiZ4gRGcu-4cZZCGWR5GswIlySylKsmDPtmm1fuR08W9HaRAdnnmz3ErpFpAztKxTvhg73dEQa_Ts=w1920-h1080

Sure, all canines(Cosmo included) are welcome here, just no lifting the leg, or squatting to mark territory on inside house items !! :no:
And that would include you too Chris, if you`re so inclined ! :eek: :) HA !!

Back in the "hay day" of very loud and A-kicking bass for the Club environment.. DJs or their dance halls loved to show off the 15 and 18" woofers :banana:

Fast forward, end of night and early morning sunrise.. those well crafted Cerwin Vega and other designer driver voice coil protectors.. were usually decimated :wtf:

Back
Top Bottom