Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Off, but when my cousins (kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade, (dang I'm young) come over, always on. In fact, my stereo is in my bedroom, so they aren't even allowed to go in there. The youngest one, in kindergarten, LOVES to turn knobs, push buttons, play with things and destroy things liked to mess with the knob on my tuner, but now the tuner gets turned around everytime they come over. Oh well, all I do anyway is stand in my room the whole time to protect my stereo from little hands (and also the cat, who likes to tip the speakers over). UHG, little kids, cats, and my older brother. My worst enemies.

I have one grill on one speaker and one grill off the other, no real reason other than the fact I.. Kinda... Broke the other grill... So if someone has a grill for a Celestion Ditton 15 speaker, I'd love to hear from you! :)

It depends. Most of the time I have the grills on, but occasionally I'll pull them off to admire the drivers.

Always off, My Missions came without grilles so that was easy but I usually keep em off, I feel like most speakers sound better without any covering.

6228118_sd.jpg
6228118.p
On for now, until my grandkids are old enough to know they are not to touch papa's Klispch RF-28!

I leave them on. The Smaller Advents. My understanding is they were designed to sound better with them on. I could be wrong though. Also the spit wad woofers aren't the best looking.

81pDS71SJJL._SL1500_.jpg
They want you to have your cover off however two cats and two dogs reminds me some protection is better than none.

Even though I prefer the aesthetics of having them attached, every now and then it would be nice to remove both simply because I can. My only issue with doing so is a 37-inch tall, 40-month-old individual who would undoubtedly proceed to place maximum destructive force on either the 12-inch bass driver, 5 1/4-inch midrange or even 7/8-inch tweeter in either speaker, thus rendering them useless. Ah...such is life. :(

Off, but when my cousins (kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade, (dang I'm young) come over, always on. In fact, my stereo is in my bedroom, so they aren't even allowed to go in there. The youngest one, in kindergarten, LOVES to turn knobs, push buttons, play with things and destroy things liked to mess with the knob on my tuner, but now the tuner gets turned around everytime they come over. Oh well, all I do anyway is stand in my room the whole time to protect my stereo from little hands (and also the cat, who likes to tip the speakers over). UHG, little kids, cats, and my older brother. My worst enemies.

At least your a loving brother, I knocked my brother around if he even stuck his head in my room. I too had equipment at a young age instead of just looking at it in a retail store. You take it slow, your living through times you'll never forget...

Mine have no grilles as designed. Well, wire mesh ones for the mid and tweet if you want to get technical.

I maybe wrong, but I have a fear they might be interfering with some really suddle sound that contributes to the overall greatness of the music that I am not even aware of, you can't hear it , but it's there.
Almost like believing in God, can't prove,see or touch God but I just believe and to me that matters.
So I guess I will always be grilles off.

Back
Top Bottom