Do you like the new format???

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But whoever thought of a forum where you can't sell your stuff. Go to any car forums and people sell their stuff. But oh well, doesn't matter.

For short money, you can become a subscriber and enjoy commerce on BarterTown while helping keep AK afloat.

No. But whoever thought of a forum where you can't sell your stuff. Go to any car forums and people sell their stuff. But oh well, doesn't matter.

Barter Town works just fine for buying, selling, trading, or even for those who wish to donate to others.

It costs less than $0.07 per day for access.

With the Marketplace gone, no I don't like the new format too much.
Your complaint has been registered, more than once. We get it. You want a place to sell your stuff. For FREE.

This is not that place, and may not be the place for you. Since we all have a firm grasp on your position on this matter, please refrain from continuing to carp about this.

I do like this (no longer) "new" format. OTOH, this thread has (IMO) become tiresome.

Carry on.

I no longer offer opinions on the format. It's here and I've adapted to it. The old one ain't comin' back.

attitude contained - please delete ...

Last edited:
This is what we need:

Your complaint has been registered, more than once. We get it. You want a place to sell your stuff. For FREE.

This is not that place, and may not be the place for you. Since we all have a firm grasp on your position on this matter, please refrain from continuing to carp about this[b/].

'Nuff said....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what we need:

Sorry, no, what you posted is what YOU need. We do just fine without that, and AK has specific rules about Ebay, CL, and other sales links. AK does not allow links that point to your own auctions either. The AK site doesn't need to be a shill or advertising for any other site, pay or free. If that is from SH's site, great, that's their policy, and you're very welcome, no, encouraged to put your stuff on ebay, and then point to it from SH forum. I'm sure they would welcome your "contributions".

AK is a private forum site. It is owned and run by dedicated and volunteer folks. They set the rules, and if you want to be here, you abide by the rules. We work with the forums that we are given. If we lose a forum, there is a good reason for that. If we gain a forum, there is a good reason for that too. However, private forums are not democracies. We are guests here, and IMHO, we should behave as guests.

As I said before to you in the thread that was lost in the recovery, you are very welcome to start your own discussion forum or selling site, run it for 13 years, and offer people the options to push / sell anything to your members, if you have any. And you can let them do it for free. While you are trying to figure out how to pay for the computers, storage, bandwidth, hosting, software, and your staff that help you.

If you cannot abide by the rules (please read them again) and refrain from comments about moderation or administrative decisions, then you'll probably lose your guest status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mech986 says it all. We are in someone else's house, we must respect their rules and those of the moderators. Otherwise, ban hammer happens. We are guests in the AK house and family.

Bart has put it perfectly, and it seems like a good place to stop this. The format is no longer new, and it's here to stay. People who disagree with AK policies and moderator's decisions are welcome to contact the moderators or admins, but we're not going to debate them in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom