Dodge Demon/power figures

tonyk

Instagram account @thedarkestride claims to have the actual power figures for the new Dodge Demon.

Mode 1 : 757hp
Mode 2 : 815hp
Mode 3 : 1023hp

It looks like in order to access Mode 3 you will need to be running 100 octane fuel or better, purchase a separate "crate pcm" and have drag mode initiated.

The post claims 9 second quarter miles, while 8 second runs are possible with a "few mods".

Whether any of this is true I can't say, but regardless, this thing is gonna be a beast.

dodge demon.jpg

Man - I wonder how many people will get killed driving this car.

My guess is not too many, as the price will surely keep the average Joe from behind the wheel. Those that are well heeled enough to afford it probably already have some experience with cars of this caliber.

I'm just glad the domestic auto manufacturers are pushing their halo cars to the max.

...Those that are well heeled enough to afford it probably already have some experience with cars of this caliber.

No doubt some do, but there are plenty of "got away from me" type videos on YouTube to demonstrate that is not a safe assumption.

Just one example.

Man - I wonder how many people will get killed driving this car.

Ya...all the 700+ HP cars. It's getting ridiculous.

Not that I advocate such restrictions, but I am surprised there hasn't been some sort of moratorium. Some years back sport bike manufacturers saw the writing on the wall and put some limits on themselves to try to head off interlopers. So far it appears to have worked.

The 225 hp in my stock SC300 is going to get me in trouble. 80 mph is straight up on the 160 mph speedometer, and that what it wants to run. I've had two warnings already; 80 in a 70 zone, 79 in a 65 zone. My luck is going to run out.

Not that I advocate such restrictions, but I am surprised there hasn't been some sort of moratorium. Some years back sport bike manufacturers saw the writing on the wall and put some limits on themselves to try to head off interlopers. So far it appears to have worked.

Yes, for a while they had a gentlemen's agreement to limit their bikes to 186mph (300kph), but that seems to have expired as there are now numerous bikes that exceed that speed.

In fact, though the "agreement" was initially pushed by BMW, they were the first ones to break it in 2010 with the BMW S1000RR.

Yes, for a while they had a gentlemen's agreement to limit their bikes to 186mph (300kph), but that seems to have expired as there are now numerous bikes that exceed that speed.

In fact, though the "agreement" was initially pushed by BMW, they were the first ones to break it in 2010 with the BMW S1000RR.

Dunno...haven't kept up on it. Far as I know 186 (or 187) artificial limit is still the agreement for most bikes in the USA.

One has always been able to build things above and beyond for those venturing off the beaten path.

However, going to the dealer and buying one off the showroom floor is sorta the point.

How is buy new any kind of point because just being a consumer is missing the point. Buying new only means that the car company makes more money and a person that can't build cars can drive a better product. Same as it ever was...because the point is what you get for your money. Sure, I love the Hellcat but having the tranny of an SC300 rebuilt at a machine shop to handle 1000 Hp then converting the engine of the SC300 over to the same specifications as the Toyota Supra as they share the same engine, just different fuel, ignition and exhaust. Adding an M&H engine management system and a T-6 turbo and you've easily got 800 HP. YES, if I won the Lotto I would buy a Hellcat with a quickness. I'm just saying that having a car with that kind of power is actually quite common these days outside of the automotive industry.

How is buy new any kind of point ...

Because that's what this thread is about.

One has always had options to build 700hp or more. No so much for someone to stroll into the dealership and drive away in regular production form doing that.

Last edited:
Because that's what this thread is about.

One has always had options to build 700hp or more. No so much for someone to stroll into the dealership and drive one away.

Well....

Since people have been including the advents of sports bikes, corvettes and a VW GTI the thread has shifted towards performance.....hasn't it !!!!

In some way, but they're all stock, not race built/modified.

Yes...

But the Hellcat is a race built / modified version of the Challenger !

Just something offered by a manufacturer....as thee big three are trying to recreate another Detroit Iron Age.

Yes...

But the Hellcat is a race built / modified version of the Challenger !

Just something offered by a manufacturer....as thee big three are trying to recreate another Detroit Iron Age.

You can buy it off the showroom floor. I know you know the difference.

And, as far as Iron Age... this new breed is way beyond. Nostalgia be damned.

Back
Top Bottom