dodged a bullet

ETLS

metacarpophalangealcranium
Just a few pictures from houses across the street, next door, and where my woodshop was. One place around the corner, had a tree through the roof.

IMG_20180414_091129.jpg

Good to hear you were mostly unscathed. It’s the time of year for big storms again.

Was that a tornado, or straight line wind?

Either way, that's a lot of damage. Glad it missed you.

They're initially calling straight line winds, or a microburst. The areas I've looked at today, I'm positive they will be changing it to tornado. Less than a mile from me, the trees are going east, here north, and in less than 50 foot several are going in three directions.

This carport is directly across the street from my place. I built it two summers ago from cedars harvested from my land.

IMG_20180414_092946.jpg

No injuries to anyone in my neighborhood. Aside from the two houses with trees on them, not much property damage. There's a lot of trees broken or uprooted, fences smashed, and my neighbor's SUV didn't sustain much damage either. There's still several folks, including my next door neighbor, who are running generators until their overhead service is restored. It thankfully wasn't worse.

Someone was looking out for ya sir. I lived in a little town in East Texas for many years and we were always by passed by Tornadoes up until about 4 years ago
when they started coming straight through. A lot of damage but, luckily not too many injuries. One year I heard the freight train coming (no trains in our area but, I knew what it was) and stepped outside
to see one dropped down about 25 yards away from me, as I turn to go back in the house it was gone and then the sirens went off. It had jumped and landed near downtown and destroyed a few businesses
and continued to take out just about everything down the highway. I'll never forget that incident of too close for comfort and every time there after when there were Tornado warnings I couldn't sleep till
they passed. Never been scared of much, specially weather but, after that it made me a believer.

I still cannot fathom how my trees stayed put while all around, smaller and larger trees were wiped out!

The insurance adjuster hasn't made it by here yet, roofing company did though so they can do the estimates. The sound of chainsaws has been constant since Saturday. Anyone need firewood?

Back
Top Bottom