dodged a bullet

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by ETLS, Apr 14, 2018.

1. www.records

www.records Quality over Quantity

I am glad you and yours are ok. A family needs to have a safe place to go when bad weather happens and then pray for the best. I live in Joplin and we were in the middle of the EF5 tornado in May 2011.

ETLS likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

A house near me in Lexington, S.C. I'll be picking up limbs in my yard for another week or so.

[​IMG]

ETLS likes this.
  3. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Oh my Robert!
    Yea, those pines are strong, so glad you were spared & prayers sent to those affected. The winds have been vicious here for several days.

Rome

ETLS likes this.
  4. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

Yes, a lot of luck, I suppose, Divine intervention, hopefully. It's that time of year when storms can brew up quickly and with devastating, life changing results.

Make sure y'all check your homeowner's policy and it's up to date, with sufficient coverage for any new "scroes". Check your flashlights, have your evacuation plans mapped out. This storm happened after 10 p.m.

5. www.records

www.records Quality over Quantity

IMG_1464.JPG

This gives an idea of what en EF5 can do. This was after they had removed the debris from the area and they left this sculpture for a couple of months. Don't doubt the damage Mother Nature can do.

ETLS likes this.
  6. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff"

For the wind to blow over a tree with a root ball that big, it had to be way strong.

ETLS likes this.