Does a basic A/B speaker switch with Binding/Banana plugs exist?

ausman1000

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am trying to find a speaker switch that uses binding posts for both input and outputs. I simply want to switch from one pair of speakers to another for A B comparison testing purposes. Thanks

Basic it is not. Advanced it is. The Crown OC-150 and OC-150a. Only three sets and only from amp No. 1 and speaker 3 is barrier strip connections. Has meters, though.

Doesn't one of the Niles units have binding posts?

I designed/made my own with wireless remote control, both line-level and/or speaker level matching, and A/B/X capabilities. If you are electronically handy...,

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

ScreenHunter_125_Dec_28_16_50.jpg

I designed/made my own with wireless remote control, both line-level and/or speaker level matching, and A/B/X capabilities. If you are electronically handy...,

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

Wow! A little more than I need but still very nice work indeed!

That was my opinion, but then I had the box and thought, I have an extra amp doing nothing, so but I have them both connected.

I saw this a while back when searching for something similar on ebay.

2 x dual amplifier amps to 1 pair of speakers selector switch switcher combiner

Subbed. Looking for options myself for 2 amps and 1 set of speakers. I was thinking of using my Schitt Sys for this.

Volume controls are only useless as long as the owner has no use for them, otherwise they sure as shit can be useful. ;)

I stand by my statement. A volume control in a high level line is useless for someone who cares about how the music sounds. Many here believe that the choice of speaker wire is important. Why would anyone want to add a passive volume control in the middle of their speaker wiring path? The same functionality already exists in the preamp.

Also, it is not easy to insert a high power potentiometer or rheostat into a speaker circuit. Good quality variable resistors that can handle 50 to 100 watts of power are not inexpensive nor typically available as audio grade. A wire-wound rheostat can handle the power, but it adds a variable inductance into the circuit. No thank you.

Looks good RTally, have you actually tried it? There are no reviews of the unit.

I have not tried it. I saw it linked on the page to the first switch posted above.

I have been looking for a simple switch. My home theater receiver sux at 2-channel music, but my front speakers are nice. I am wanting to put a good stereo amp in living room so I don't use the HT one. And I want to use the same speakers.

Back
Top Bottom