Does Anyone Else Watch The Audio Classics Webcams??

briandrex

I've been to AC twice and had two pieces of gear refurbished there. Love the place and the their workmanship is awesome! This brings me to something I've been wondering.....on their website they have a webcams button where you can see the store from six different cameras. Having been to the store and wanting to take home about everything there I started checking in to see what was going on. Checking in occasionally has turned into having the webcams open on a browser page whenever I'm working on my computer now. To say this has turned into my favorite reality show would be putting it lightly to say the least. Lets just say I've watched it enough that I even recognize the returning customers. Have I named these customers??? Maybe :)

I've learned a lot from watching this and even saw JBLnut have his Revel Salon 2s boxed up. I had no idea who had bought them at the time until I read his thread on how he purchased them. I've also learned that Griot's Garage speedshine is good for more than my car and have moved it down to the man cave to keep my gear clean...thanks Darren!

So am I the only one that watches this way more than a human should? Was anyone else shocked to see all of the McIntosh boxes, speakers, cases and Lord knows what else in front of the McIntosh museum room this weekend? I checked in quickly Monday morning to see how the process would go and what was in the pile. So if I'm nuts tell me so but if you watch as well let me know I'm not totally insane. Well lunch is served at AC and today it looks like sandwiches. Time to see who ordered what and if any returning customers pay a visit today!

Whoa! I thought I was the only one!

It may very well be my favorite reality show as well.(now that Jon and Kate are no longer eight :rflmao:) JK, but I do check in every so often to see if any cool new speakers have made it to floor. And sometimes I get caught up watching the goings on a bit longer than I should. I've never named the customers, but I may have done the voice over quite a few times in a Mystery Science Theater 3K kind of way. Laughing out loud at myself like a 5 year old who just farted in church.

All I can say is thank God I don't have a camera on me all day while I'm at work. I can't imagine how many times I'd be caught picking my nose or picking a wedgie. And people would be vomiting at the site of me eating lunch.(Although, I would never be caught using a Klipsch Forte as a seat like some people do...)

But kudos to them for giving us a look into their daily operations with complete transparency. Lets me live vicariously through them on some of the items I'll never be able to afford.

Back
Top Bottom