Does anyone know an open position for a German Teacher in Texas?

Natasha Bell

Does anyone know an open position (high school or middle school), or one that will come open at the end of the school year in Texas? It appears that my time in Vicksburg, MS is coming to an end with this school year. I would really love to go back home to the Dallas area. I applied for the position at Skyline High School, but it already had been filled.

I would be greatly appreciative if anyone hears of an opening so I can apply.

Thanks,
Tasha :)

Good luck!

It is almost unbelievable that there are actually Americans who are ready to learn this totally crazy, weird, useless language...
Perhaps... if you can get past the wickedly difficult grammar and the six words for "the". ;)

Es ist warscheinlich besser wenn wir in Deutsch sprechen. Deutsch, wie du bestimmt schon weisst, ist eine verrueckte, und total nutzlose Sprache. :eek::angel:

fIQyaiP.jpg

Maybe you should look for jobs teaching English in Germany instead. It would give you an excellent chance to really polish up your German. ;)

Maybe you should look for jobs teaching English in Germany instead. It would give you an excellent chance to really polish up your German. ;)
The problem with that is that to do so there is a lengthy application process, and besides, I'm married, which would complicate things. I don't think I could persuade my husband to do move to Germany. Besides, we lived in Germany for a short while several years ago. There I actually taught American and post-WW2 European History at the Frankfurt International School. Germany is a bit cold for the both of us. Besides, my husband and I are both Texans, so it might be a good time to go back home. :)

Polish their German? Isn't German difficult enough without adding a second language in the mix?

Some private lessons with Tasha would be helpful for sure...!

Kidding aside, we could help each other improving our pronunciation... :)

Many school districts in Texas have job postings on their websites. You can check the websites of school districts in the Dallas area. Besides, there are online job boards, including Indeed and LinkedIn. However, the simplest methods would be to get in touch with a professional network. Let them know you are interested in finding a teaching position in the Dallas area. At least, this is what I did when I was looking for a primary teacher job. They found a suitable position for me and I got hired in less than one month. So, you may follow my advice. Stay persistent and continue looking. I'm sure the perfect job is waiting for you.

Back
Top Bottom