Does anyone know anything about the Pioneer E-1000A (or A/H) ?

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
The E-1000A/H turntable landed in my lap yesterday with a more-or-less seized motor. It's otherwise complete but I can't find any info on it anywhere - can't even find a suitable belt size or stylus listed for it.

From the date code, it seems to have been manufactured 12/73 (TL) but other than that, not much is known about it. It looks a bit like a PL-10 but.....

It doesn't have the original belt, although it is fitted with one that seems about right for testing.

Here's a pic....

IMG_20170502_154630.jpg IMG_20170502_154613.jpg

Belt length is probably 23.6" That is the standard length for those early belt TT's from PIONEER. Does it have the ID Plate on the back? Do you have a Pic you could post? And a pic of the underside. The motor can probably be un-seized with liberal use of either Liquid Wrench or PB BLASTER directly on the shaft and let it seep into the shaft bushing's for a couple days (daily applications with the motor shaft vertical!). After a couple days wrap the shaft with a cloth, and grab it with pliers and try to break it loose. Once it's broke loose, keep adding the penetrant and rotating the shaft until it spins freely without a hard twist of your fingers. The motor should be able to be dis-assembled and the shaft cleaned where the upper and lower bushings contact the shaft. If the bottom bushing has an oil cup, fill it with a light motor oil (sewing machine oil), and soak the upper bushing felt with same. Re-assemble and rotate by hand to make sure the housing is not assembled crooked. It must be straight or the motor will bind.

Actually it's probably closer to the PL-12D than the PL-10. I've never heard of the E1000A/H. And I poured over all the brochures from 1969 thru 1980 looking for anything that would point me to it. This is as close as i could get in 30 minutes.
ScreenHunter_31 May. 04 23.27.jpg

After an exhaustive search on Kallhovde.com Pioneer section ( http://www.kallhovde.com/pioneer/Pioneer/Main scan page.html ) I stumbled across Carve it's schematic listing. There among the others was a E-1000A/H "SYSTEM". I then googled "PIONEER STEREO SYSTEM E-1000A/H and came up with a bunch of Ebay manual sales. Active listings are not allowed in the forums so you can click this google link https://www.google.com/search?q=Pioneer+stereo+system+E-1000A&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8. These are the only listings I could find. apparently this Turntable is part of a component system. These were popular in Europe at the time and probably still are. I have not seen this system in the PIONEER Yearly Brochures, but from the google pictures I've seen tonight, most of them are from Southeast Asia, and Phillipines. .
I found a picture of a E-1000A receiver being used as a preamp for a Denon AMP. This is a Vietnamese guy's setup.
Pioneer E1000a used as preamp.jpg

Just looking at the PIONEER I would think it's about 10W-15W per channel.

And NOW you know the REST (or at least MORE ) of the Story!!!

Belt length is probably 23.6" That is the standard length for those early belt TT's from PIONEER. Does it have the ID Plate on the back? Do you have a Pic you could post? And a pic of the underside. The motor can probably be un-seized with liberal use of either Liquid Wrench or PB BLASTER directly on the shaft and let it seep into the shaft bushing's for a couple days (daily applications with the motor shaft vertical!). After a couple days wrap the shaft with a cloth, and grab it with pliers and try to break it loose. Once it's broke loose, keep adding the penetrant and rotating the shaft until it spins freely without a hard twist of your fingers. The motor should be able to be dis-assembled and the shaft cleaned where the upper and lower bushings contact the shaft. If the bottom bushing has an oil cup, fill it with a light motor oil (sewing machine oil), and soak the upper bushing felt with same. Re-assemble and rotate by hand to make sure the housing is not assembled crooked. It must be straight or the motor will bind.

Actually it's probably closer to the PL-12D than the PL-10. I've never heard of the E1000A/H. And I poured over all the brochures from 1969 thru 1980 looking for anything that would point me to it. This is as close as i could get in 30 minutes.
View attachment 923628

After an exhaustive search on Kallhovde.com Pioneer section ( http://www.kallhovde.com/pioneer/Pioneer/Main scan page.html ) I stumbled across Carve it's schematic listing. There among the others was a E-1000A/H "SYSTEM". I then googled "PIONEER STEREO SYSTEM E-1000A/H and came up with a bunch of Ebay manual sales. Active listings are not allowed in the forums so you can click this google link https://www.google.com/search?q=Pioneer+stereo+system+E-1000A&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8. These are the only listings I could find. apparently this Turntable is part of a component system. These were popular in Europe at the time and probably still are. I have not seen this system in the PIONEER Yearly Brochures, but from the google pictures I've seen tonight, most of them are from Southeast Asia, and Phillipines. .
I found a picture of a E-1000A receiver being used as a preamp for a Denon AMP. This is a Vietnamese guy's setup.
View attachment 923647

Just looking at the PIONEER I would think it's about 10W-15W per channel.

And NOW you know the REST (or at least MORE ) of the Story!!!

Wow, huge thanks for all the info ! I did have a feeling it might be pulled from a system - I think I saw reference to the E-1000a/h receiver somewhere. I'll get some better pictures over the weekend, including with the platter removed and with the bottom cover removed.

Cheers

Í found one for sale near me and was considering getting it.
Now that a couple of years have passed, what are your thoughts on this turntable?

Í found one for sale near me and was considering getting it.
Now that a couple of years have passed, what are your thoughts on this turntable?

No idea, sorry. I must have sold it shortly after I acquired it because I had forgotten about even owning one of these lol. Suffice to say, there are MUCH better turntables out there :)

No idea, sorry. I must have sold it shortly after I acquired it because I had forgotten about even owning one of these lol. Suffice to say, there are MUCH better turntables out there :)
Damn, and here i was thinking i had finally completed my setup...
The search continues!

Back
Top Bottom