Does anyone miss Nitty Gritty (vinyl vacuum company) now that it closed?

I've been using my Nitty Gritty 1.0 since 1996 and still going strong. It has cleaned somewhere between 2000-3000 lp's. The only problem I had with it was about ten years ago when the spindle broke - called Gayle and she guided me on how to fix it over the phone. I think it's a great loss the company has closed and hope she can regain her health.

I still have a NG, I hope someone is going to still be selling replacement "fuzzies" for it otherwise I'm going to have to improvise when these wear out.

I use my Nitty Gritty 1.0 (manual turner) RCM daily ... about 4 years old. It will probably be the last RCM I ever own ... but if not ... I'll buy another Record vacuum.
Got enough replacement pads to last 15+ years.

KAB still makes the EV-1 & Audio Advisor sells the Record Doctor (not as good of build as NG ... might not last as long). So there are still options available IMHO.

There has to be thousands of Nitty Gritty and Nitty Gritty made Record Doctors in circulation that should be maintainable for many years to come. Hopefully parts, servicing and maybe even new production can be taken over by a company as good as the one Gayle operated for so many years. My recommendation would be for KAB to continue the Nitty Gritty machines.

Back
Top Bottom