Does anyone use the remote turn on?

I got a Furman Elite 15 DMI and noticed it had power sequence capability. I run the sequence cable out of my C220, into the Furman. That turns on all of my gear except the 501's. Another sequence cable leaves the Furman and goes into the first 501, which is then daisy chained to the second one via in the in/out sequence jacks. The Furman introduces a ~5 second delay before it turns on the 501's which seems to alleviate any noises on start-up.

That sounds interesting, can you link us to the one you have?

This is all strange though none of my amps make any noise coming on or turning off when I use the triggers. I'v had the mc402, the 275s and still have the 501s trigger, in fact when I trigger the 501s they light up and a few seconds latter the needle jumps with power, but still no noise.

I use a Furman 20 amp power sequencer that has programmable with multiple adjustable delay switched outlets and low voltage trigger out connections too..
It`s low volt trigger talks to my 240 volt converted purchased in 2003, MC1201`s & a trigger capable 1991 Niles brand 120 volt switched outlet box for my 2 Crown D150 rear and side surround amps..
The 4 MC 275`s, Integra A/V preamp. and other low power ancillary equipment, like my digital 3 way crossover, are all powered by the Furman via it`s programmable delay 120 volt outlets, all this power up/down is set in motion, via turning a key on the front panel of the rack mount Furman...

And since, I have very stiff dedicated 120/240 volt circuits for all but the Crowns, when the system is turned on the LED lighting in my living room, only faintly flickers/dips when the 2 MC 1201`s are energized, the MC 275`s are somewhat soft start, though..

I have been running this Furman power up/down setup for around six years or so, with no thumps or hum, in either powering up or shut down..

I think it sound`s neat, hearing those high current rated relays clunking, in timed sequence when tuning on, then off..
My prior setup, was more manual like, but I, as I get older, I`ve come to appreciate, and like my "turn key" setup, and that Furman unit is built like a brick $hit house, and a most worthwhile investment, IMHO/E..

In my bedroom system, I have my Mac C 220`s trigger a specially ordered, from my A/V dealer in 2003, a 20 amp 120 volt Panamax surge/spike protector that power`s up/down 2 Mac120 volt wired, also 2003 purchased, MC 1201`s, 2 Velodyne ULD 15 400 watt powered subwoofer`s, and a Yamaha dual 1/3rd octave equalizer.
And even though the subwoofer amps make a mild thump when powered up, but they do that anyway, even when manually switched on, so it`s an non issue for me..
Even though that system is powered via 12 gage 20 amp 120 v dedicated circuit, those MC 1201`s will still flicker my bedroom over head LED lights when the Panamax`s heavy duty time delay relay powers them up.

BTW. FWIW. both the Furman and Panamax`s outlet`s switching relay`s have very high quality "snubbers" across their contacts..

Take care.

Have great spring weekend folks.

Regards, OKB

Back
Top Bottom