Does the term "Needle Drop" bother you?

Does the term "Needle Drop" grind your grits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After much contemplation, I was unable to form a definative opinion on the use of the term Needle Drop.

I did, however, determine that I prefer dewdrop over raindrop. I also found that I don't really care for gumdrop or teardrop. I do like gumdrops, just not the way they stick in your teeth and reappear after you thought you were done eating them. As for my dislike for teardrops, I think that if something really bothers you (like the use of the term Needle Drop) then it deserves more than a single teardrop. If you are going to cry, don't just stop at one tear. (you will feel much better in the end)

Any "cutting edge" or "state of the art" words "chap my ass" Especially when it's technology "from the dark ages"

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

I don't mind the term, as long as it's not used in my presence...

:beatnik:

In by no mean is this official or an admission of my underground activities.

About 10 years ago; at least in the online circles I participated in; no one really called them needle drops. Someone coined the term because a few people (myself possibly included), started releasing vinyl rips that had undergone a full restoration. Click removal, noise reduction; the works.

This annoyed a lot of purists, who disliked anything being done. "Needle drop" was coined to seperate those who just "dropped the needle" vs those like me, who tried to polish it a little; and I think it was intended to be a bit derrigatory; try to convince people "needle drops" were superior and simply calling it a "vinyl rip" meant it could be "inferior".

I tried coining the term "vinyl remaster" as a way of seperating processed vinyl from raw vinyl; but needle drop had caught on.

So, I hate the term for an entirely different reason.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

"Needle carefully and gently lowered into the LP groove" just doesn't roll of the tongue as easily.

No problem with the expression "Needle Drop".

What does get to me is when the stewardess says "We will be on the ground shortly".

Every time I hear that phrase I picture a burning heap of metal and bodies.

If you play the term needle drop backwards very slowly, you will hear a hidden satanic message. So the term is inherantly evil. However, if you play drop the needle backwards, it says God is good. Your subconscious mind knows this all to well, which is why you may find one or the other annoying or offensive, depending on where you stand. If both or neither annoy you, you might be a athiest, or just undecided.

My needle has been drooping or dropping for years now :D

REGARDS SNOW

Snow, buddy, they got a pill for that now. Even if brought on by your long, cold winters up there, it might still work. If one wont do, take two!

I don't use it. I never heard the term until a couple of years ago right here on AK. I prefer to "spin records".

I think in the context of raw digital rip of a vinyl LP vs. one that's been post-processed; it's a pretty descriptive and accurate term.

so basically no.

Back
Top Bottom