Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

PanheadXR290

Sitting here with my best friend ,my wife's service dog " Hoss " ,listening to Pink Floyd Animals all the way through ,I look over & see my pooch knocked out like a wino man passed out after drinking Sterno ,the musics loud but he don't care ,he just wants to chill with me ,so I snapped this pic ,laughed to myself & thought " why not ask other members to post a pic of their fur bellied pals " .

Hoss says hi !
20190124_181130.jpg

It's in the dogs eyes and scientists have proven " it " ,the it being how we humans unknowingly interact with each other when face to face ,aside from humans dogs are the only living being that looks at faces for facial cues into what a person's mood is ,our eyes are continuely scanning each other's faces for facial cues and dogs do it right back at us ,that's why their eyes show so much love .

Great pooches guys .

A short but good video showing how our pooches are closer to us than chimps brain wise & emotionally .

Here's another fantastic short video showing how dogs can smell things hidden at the bottom of lakes with extreme precision ,this pooch is trained to find people who drowned .

Last edited:
I've been out of my skull since late Thursday evening worrying about our 11 year old female Turtle Buster bulldog ,we had to rush her to the emergency vet and they found a huge tomorrow the size of a baseball in her lung ,they had to operate ,they got the tumor out of her lung but the Xrays showed a tumor on her ovary that was a golf ball so they removed it,we brought her home this morning with a stint hanging out of her ,the stint came out an hour ago so we're waiting on the vet to get to the office right now so we can take her in ,they are supposed to call as soon as the vet gets in from helping another vet doing an emergency surgery on a dog hit by a car ,I hope they call soon ,this little old dog has been through sheer hell & we still don't know if the tumors are malignent or begnine ,I hate it when a dog gets sick ,she's been such a great pooch she dosent deserve this and all she gets for pain is Lyrica and dog ibuprofen .

Here's our 2 kids.

Snortnort.jpg
This one you recognize from my avatar, his name is Norton. He's a german shepherd/black lab/border collie mix that came from a fellow co-worker that was forced by his landlord to give up his pups. His mama had 6 pups and 4 didn't make it. He was almost on his way to the shelter when I was approached about taking him, hard to resist when they fit in your hands...now he's 80+ lbs. He used to go to work with me everyday while I worked, got to see his sister and mama but it took a year of training before I would bring him to work so not sure if he knew it was his mom and sister. This pic was taken after I had been routering some oak for my granddaughter's toybox, he just had to be right next to me as usual.

IMAG0049-1.jpg
And here we have Trixie. She is a red/white irish setter we aquired from the setter rescue society shortly after we had to put down our black lab because of health reasons. Yes, Trixie was scheduled to be euthanized eleven years ago...that would of been a terrible loss as she is such a sweet girl. Instead she has been with us for a little over 10 years now. Now she is the queen of the couch and knows how to get Norton off the couch so she can get the spot, she's a crafty one for sure.

Trixie is the brains and Norton is the loyal one, they would be rescue numbers 4 and 5 for us.

@PanheadXR290 our best wishes to you and your girl with hopes you get to spend much more time together.

(Update 8/19/19)
Norton has been taken down as my avatar to honor Trixie's passing on April 10th this year.
And Norton now weighs in @ 96lbs. not 80.

Last edited:
I love seeing everyones pals ,a house isn't a home without them ,sorry I haven't had time for this thread,I have alot of work keeping my female from tearing out her Staples a 2nd time,she requires nearly round the clock supervision,the vet gave me some tranquilizers to keep her knocked down & out at night so we're at least able to get 4 hours sleep .

To the members whove got McIntosh parts coming from me ,I have not forgotten about your stuff and it'll all be shipped out this week free of charge for the delay ,more McIntosh rarities coming soon .

I love seeing everyones pals ,a house isn't a home without them ,sorry I haven't had time for this thread,I have alot of work keeping my female from tearing out her Staples a 2nd time,she requires nearly round the clock supervision,the vet gave me some tranquilizers to keep her knocked down & out at night so we're at least able to get 4 hours sleep .

To the members whove got McIntosh parts coming from me ,I have not forgotten about your stuff and it'll all be shipped out this week free of charge for the delay ,more McIntosh rarities coming soon .

Take care of your family, I'm pretty sure everyone here understands and if they don't....

Back
Top Bottom