Don't know if it's a score but....

djronc

I picked up a pair of Carver Amazing Platinum IV for $350.00. This is my second pair. These are in Oak my other pair are the black lacquer. I will posts pics soon.

djronc

Far out!

"You're not from around these-here parts," he muttered, half-aloud.
Toasted Almond has a pair just like those.
It is patently UNFAIR, Ron, that you should have TWO pair of such a flat-out phenomenal speaker system! :cool: :D :eek:
I'm dumbfounded.
And a bit big jealous.

I didn't need them but for the price I couldn't resist. I don't even have anywhere to set them up. The components alone are worth more than $350.00.

I was browsing over at Vintage Asylum in the Planar speaker section and saw the ad for them. The gentleman wanted $400.00 but gave them to me for $350. His other half didn't like these giants in the living room so he is getting a pair of Maggies the 1.6QR's. I couldn't resist. I paid $980 for my other pair.

A surround system, with four of those perfectly placed, would be nothing short of astounding. I have often thought about it, but there is not enough room in THIS house. Not even for a pair of Silver's. Good score @ $350. I hope they were well cared for. You have heard about the ribbons drying out and needing re-build/replacement over time? At $600 a pop, I'm not looking forward to it should the need ever arise. I paid $1156 for the Platinum Mk.IV's, direct from Carver to me by way of Roadway, in 1991.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

thanks guys, the gentleman who i bought them from referred to them as his kids. they were well taken care of. i just don't know what i am going to do with them.

Oh OK I feel bad for you I will take them off your hands for what you paid for em' :angel:

thanks thor, i can feel the sincerity in your message, but i'll just struggle along with these monsters that weigh 110 lb. each.:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom