Votes: 52 37.7%
  • Krispy Kreme

Votes: 80 58.0%
  • 7-11

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Wawa

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Theres a shop near me called Donut King. Massive variety, made in store, rotating selectiing of specialities. Cake donuts n normal. 2 dozen of any for like 14$-20$

Dat Doughnuts - 82nd Street and S. Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago, IL or...
Old Fashioned Doughnuts - 112th Street and S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL.

Both South Side venues produce a decent variety of doughnuts that approach covering the size of a typical adult's face at reasonable prices. :D

Last edited:
Here in Philly we are lucky to have Federal Donuts. Just three locations, and all they serve are donuts, fried chicken, and coffee… the donuts are excellent. Definitely try them if you're in town.

The owners had a kickstarter for a non-profit restaurant they are making (profits go to feeding the hungry), and for my contribution I was able to design and name a donut that was served for a month at all three locations.

It was called "The Redhead and the DJ", in memory of my dear wife and her brother, who both passed young, less than two years apart. Chocolate donut, raspberry icing, sprinkled with Rice Krispies.

CMTuIjC.jpg

Yes they are still open! In case you missed it.
Well, sad to report the Charlottesville, VA, Spuduts shop closed for good last month. I stood in line for over three-hours just to get my last couple of dozen. Very sad day for many of us here!

I still lust after the donuts and other bakery from Wilbert's in Milwaukee even though that bakery has been out of business for years. There was a small restaurant outside Madison that made their own donuts every morning and they were far better than anything I've had since to closing of Wilbert's but sadly they shut down a couple of years ago. I ended up in a Duncan shop after a gig a few months ago and it was an extremely disappointing experience.

We had both Tim Horton's and Krispy Kreme here in CT. Both ended up leaving the state.

Actually you didn't even list the best option, beignets at Coffee Call with Cafe Du Monde a close second but first on historical grounds.

None of the above...............

I would choose Tim Hortons.

It has somewhat of a cult following in Canada.

Me too, until they stopped baking in store and went to par-baked frozen doughnuts and ditched the walnut crunch to rub salt in the wound.

Best doughnuts in Hamilton, Ontario (ironically, home of the first Tim Hortons store), is Grandads Doughnuts on James St. N.

Me too, until they stopped baking in store and went to par-baked frozen doughnuts and ditched the walnut crunch to rub salt in the wound.

Best doughnuts in Hamilton, Ontario (ironically, home of the first Tim Hortons store), is Grandads Doughnuts on James St. N.

Thanks for the heads up:thumbsup:....will check it out and compare.

Q

Out of those I picked Dunkin but I would rather have ones from privately owned bakeries. We have several in the Pittsburgh area that I prefer over those on the list.

There’s nothing like a warm Krispy Kreme fresh off the rack. My guess is it’s a regional thing though. Here in the South, it’s KRispy Kreme all the way

Amazing I just saw this thread for the first time, and coincidentally had my first doughnut in 20 years this morning. Karma!

I could never make a habit of it, but I also can't deny that they are pretty much heaven with a cup of coffee. Which I also like.

"I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy." --W. C. Fields.

Back
Top Bottom