Dr Who

91firebird

Well speaking of scifi tv shows,dr who is one of the best,own them all every one on DVD even the early
Black,and white movies also with Peter Cushing as dr who.tom baker was the best pertwee was also
Very good but Davidson and Colin baker we also good Tom baker was the best then pertwee.i have a
Lot of dr who toys in my collection battery opp dalics tin and plastic Tom baker dolls tardis toys .it was a fun show the newer ones are ok but not near as good as the older docs.but heck the shows has gone on over
40 years.just a fun Brit scifi show,heck even went to a couple of the conventions and got autographs.

Sounds great. Have seen Dr. Who since the 60's films. Liked Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker the best of the original series, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant as the best of the revamped doctor. Haven't see the latest doctor yet. BBC America had the Tom Baker "Lost Episode" on. Hard to follow at times. Missing parts replaced by animation with replaced audio track for those scenes. Didn't get through it, wife woke up.

I am a season or two behind now. I should meet up with friends and catch up as Capaldi has been great so far.

I grew up with Tom Baker and consider him on of the best doctors. I really enjoy the new shows as well as I’m on my 3rd series binge. Lol I liked all the doctors and companions in all the current series. I guess we are in for a big shock as you may have heard the new doctor this season is a lady. I think it’s great and the person they have for it seems really well fitted. We’ve already had a few lady doctors in the current series anyways so not to much a shocker.

I grew up with Tom Baker on PBS as the Doctor Who I knew best, but I think Christopher Eccleston was severely underrated,
he brought The Doctor back from the dead (2005 Reboot), and I truly wish he had done more than one season.
Tennant was another great Doctor in the new series ...
Sylvester McCoy was grand (underrated) doctor in the original series - albeit with low budgets and poor scripts!
Can't wait to see what Jodie Whittaker brings to the part - she was brilliant in Broadchurch (and in "Venus" with Peter O'Toole!) - and - she fell out of the TARDIS during the regeneration - what's THAT about?

Think I also have most of them archived somewhere ... ;)

PS - not 40 years, the show has gone on well over 50 years (2013)! (Its nearly 55 years now!)
The first episode aired the day JFK was shot!

Last edited:
Another vote for Tom Baker as the best! Followed by Jon Pertwee, Matt Smith and Patrick Troughton.
I always keep my Sonic Screwdriver nearby.

IMG_4323.JPG

I grew up with Tom Baker on PBS as the Doctor Who I knew best, but I think Christopher Eccleston was severely underrated,
he brought The Doctor back from the dead (2005 Reboot), and I truly wish he had done more than one season.
Tennant was another great Doctor in the new series ...
Sylvester McCoy was grand (underrated) doctor in the original series - albeit with low budgets and poor scripts!
Can't wait to see what Jodie Whittaker brings to the part - she was brilliant in Broadchurch (and in "Venus" with Peter O'Toole!) - and - she fell out of the TARDIS during the regeneration - what's THAT about?

Think I also have most of them archived somewhere ... ;)

PS - not 40 years, the show has gone on well over 50 years (2013)! (Its nearly 55 years now!)
The first episode aired the day JFK was shot!

Agree on Eccleston, I thought he was an excellent choice to restart the series. Then he ran off to "Heroes" on American TV. For me, David Tennant has been the best. He seemed to cover the "range" of the doctor's personality the best. As much as I liked Capaldi in Lair of the White Worm, his Scottish flourish made it almost impossible to watch without CC. Woot! Not sure what to expect with a female doctor - we will see.

Big fan here. Started with Tom. Met Pertee at the Houston Galleria. Heard a voice one isle over. I was about 21 at the time. I spoke up loudly " is there a Doctor in the the house?" I heard back from the other isle. "Damn it,then a chuckle. He was very nice. I said "I heard your voice and knew it had to be you." Yes this damn voice of mine" .
Then he let out a laugh. I asked if he had time to sign a post it note. Sure, he said. I ran up to the counter to buy a pen and a box of post it notes.

When my girlfriend came home that day(she was a big fan too). I went nanananannanna ,you should have come with me. Look who, hint, hint, I ran into.SAM_0693.JPG

Last edited:
Waiting for my broken foot to heal up so I can get back to the basement, but I’m fairly certain I have every episode prior to the movie in the 90’s on my computer downstairs. If anyone wants a specific episode or more send me a PM. I won’t be able to get to it right away but a can at least start a list. ;)

I used to watch it as a kid and was recently a fan again only because of Karen Gillans' artistic and intellectual contributions to the show.

Good god she's hot.

Here's one episode you've all probably missed ...

PS - a female doctor?? Say it ain't so!!

I really enjoyed Peter Capaldi, mostly for his dry sarcastic humor. Of the early series Doctors, I think my favorites are Patrick Troughton and Tom Baker. I kinda preferred the role of the earlier companions more though. There wasn't that whole love tension thing going on that got fairly annoying at times.

Another episode you might have missed. This one gets rave reviews, even from the Daleks ...

Huge fan here. Tom Baker is my favorite with Peter Capaldi a close second. My least favorite is Matt Smith, although I think he suffered from very poor and silly scripts. I do have to say that the Van Gogh episode with Smith was excellent and one of the few scripts that matched his madcap personality. Loved Tenant, Pertwee, Davidson, Troughton, and McCoy, too. I relish the idea of a female Doctor and can't wait for the Jodie Whitaker series to start airing here in the US.

Back
Top Bottom