Draft is done..

LOL, don't you pay attention? Michael Vick is out for half the season with a broken leg! ROFLOL!!!!

I got:

Brad Johnson
Keyshawn Johnson
Kurt Warner
Philadelphia for a defense

Oh and some Priest Holmes guy ;)

Thor, Vick is out for 6 weeks and is still a top 10 pick on most everybody's draft board. My guess is he'll be the top point getting QB even missing those first 6 weeks. Would you rather have say a Brad Johnson with that useless ball control offence or someone like Vick who can put up numbers both passing and rushing? I guess we'll see in the end.

Mike

Thor:
Lots of good teams here. I got my man Brett (who'll have to score a ton with the Packers' Swiss cheese defense this year), Ricky Williams, Hines Ward (with Maddox starting, not Stewart), Laverneas Coles in Spurrier's offense, Curtis Martin in a Pennington-less Jets Offense (who got Pennington anyway??) plus Tampa Bay on defense w/ Baltimore as a backup. Ain't pre ranking great!

Should be fun!

Any final ideas on the kitty yet??

Off topic:

How are these smilies made?? Special smilie graphic software?? Microsoft Smilies XP??? We could use a football rush or TD one, :zoom:
and a bluesy, harp blowin' one too:guitar:

Never heard of any of the guys I got. Plus it looks like I have a wishy washy QB.

Grumpy:rolleyes:

Not to familiar with the guys I got either, except Rich Gannon for QB and Shannon Sharpe for TE. Is there trades in this league or do we go to the end with our draws?

Hmmm, those Proasskickers look pretty tough, I wonder how that happened:dunno:

Jon:D

Hey Grumpy, I'd trade you Culpepper for the 2003 Pro Bowl
starting quarterback anytime! Overall I can't complain though.
We get a whole team defense for this?
Carl

Carl

Sorry I cant afford that whooping 102 Mil contract. League caps ya know :p:

Caps?, Yeah, a dunce cap for Culpepper as a quarter back and a dunce cap for the Vikings for paying him that! IMHO of course.

Carl

JonTee I swear on Grumpy's life the draft was totally kosher. I had no influence on the picks at all. The computer picked the players and that's it. I believe you can alter your roster by moving players from the bench to starting positions and if you really dislike a player you can select from the players who weren't drafted. I'd have liked to have gotten more Bills myself.

Mike

Ok Guys; here's the deal. I've played this for a couple years and I'll share a few secrets/tips:

1) Read the rules and league settings. Normally the computer selects your players based upon the best available player according to ITS listing. however, you could edit the prelist and make your own ranking, which I did. For instance, after looking at the settings, it appears that a defense will score more points than a tight end or kicker on a regular basis, so I ranked a couple higher than those positions and wound up with a couple killer Ds.

2) You can drop and pickup players all season; there are no limits in the settings so dump your entire team if you wish! Mike set a 2 day waiver time, so one has to wait 2 days to pick up a dropped player. That's where all the players are now; they'll become available on the 31st or 1st. There also is a waiver priority list like the draft order; once you pick you go to the end. So if you select a player now, you may not get them if someone ahead of you on the list does too.

3) We can trade all season too, but Mike has to keep them honest; Marshall Faulk for Chad Pennington (12 weeks out) isn't totally kosher, to steal a phrase.

4) Each week you set your roster based on who you think will have big games and around byes. Watch your matchups; good defense will shut down normally great scorers.

This can be a ton of fun, but it's also frustrating as hell when the injuries occur or a stud goes flat. Last year had a ton of twists, so this one could be a wide open one too.

I can't wait!

Grumpy:

Are you sandbaggin' us, bud?? Never heard of Steve McNair, Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Jeremy Shockey, and Carolina (whose defense is rated #3 behind Tampa Bay and Baltimore by some)????

The only problem I see you having is Fred Taylor, who already has a bum leg and usually misses half the season. Otherwise you look real solid.

Andy

I stoped following football about 7 years ago. As I said before the new then rookies were a bunch of whiny crying babies who wanted the 100 mil contracts and then played like shit ! I still catch a game here and there but its been ages since Iknew players names and stats. Guess I better start reading up on some of my palyers then. Win or lose either way I am sure we will have some fun with the Fantasy football.

Grumpy

Just kiddin' ProAc!:D I wouldn't know a good pick if I saw one. As Grumpy said, I haven't watched pro football in years either.

This is going to be great fun!

Thanks, for the tips Andy.

Jon

Hey Guys:

The waiver period is over, so if you want to pick up some guys as free agents or start working some trades; it's a go.

If you have a red "na" (not active) or "ir" (injured reserve") by a player; you need to think about dumping them.

Remember, play starts Thursday night, so you must have any Jets or 'Skins in your lineup if your'e playing them.

I was poking around, now I think I'm ready. Dumped Culpepper,
starting Drew Bledsoe, grabbed Drew Brees.
:banana: :zoom:

Ready gonefishin?

You may regret dumping Culpepper, Carl. I see him at least 4x a year (2 Packers games, 2 Lions), and he may get picked, but he's a real running threat, a load to tackle, and finds the endzone.:zoom:

So grab him! I like what I have now. You know your 2X a year divisional opponents but that doesn't go for all year.He runs because he can't make pressure decisions from what I've seen. Can end up like Vick with a broken leg. Bledsoe will put up great numbers I think, Brees a very talented and sharp young pup.
Carl

I love it. Let the war of words begin. Nothing brings out the best in a man like discussing the merits of a particular football player.:D Culpepper is a mental midget but he puts up some sick numbers. Being a Bills fan though, I expect Bledsoe to have a banner season. With Eric Moulds and Josh Reed to throw to, I can see some great days from Drew this season. Now if we can find a way to kick Belichek's ass next Sunday, we'll be all set.:cool:

Mike

Back
Top Bottom