Drama in the paving crew!

If those guys suspect you're blogging about them, they won't be happy. FWIW.

I hated living in motels as a contract laborer.

We were in Arkansas and our motel was filled with the Marijuana eradication crew. This crew of 60 guys carried M16s, and had German shepherds with them.

My dumbass roomy kept smoking pot. He said "I've seen them before, they don't bring the dogs inside".

I was freaking out.
I highly doubt that my coworkers know that AK even exists, let alone read it. Thanks for your concern though. It is appreciated.

Oh that sounds like a fun bunch to work with. My coworkers smoke pot, but not excessively. M16s? Good Heavens!

Serious. It was six years ago in Pine Bluff Arkansas. We returned to our motel, and there were 3 Humvees, about 4 State Police Crown Vics, and a SWAT van in the parking lot. These guys (more like 20 dudes instead of 60) were putting away M16s into the SWAT van. My co-workers explained that they worked full-time destroying ditch weed and marijuana fields. They wore camo, just like the National Guard. Their Humvees were desert tan, like regular military. A K-9 unit, a police SUV pulled up, but like my roommate said, the dog went somewhere else.

Bennie, my roommate lit a J as soon he got to the room on the second floor. He smoked, and I was the one that became paranoid.

Nothing happened, though.

^^ That's just insane. Glad nothing happened.

I found out today that the foreman hasn't had a drink since Sunday night and is quitting smoking right now. Hopefully, he'll get through the withdraws alright. He hasn't apologized to my roommate or me yet and probably never will. At least we SHOULD be able to have peace on the crew now....maybe.

In addition to everything else Sunday night, he mashed the fiberglass right front corner panel on a Cadillac with his oversized tire and fixed it today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom